Carolina Crown 2013

Just thought I'd post this here. This is one of the reasons why I loved being apart of this horn line, and why I will always enjoy listening to these clips I find on the interwebs!

Dear God;

Please allow me to live until next Sunday morning.

Love,

A Crown Fan

• Like 2

Dear God;

Please allow me to live until next Sunday morning.

Love,

A Crown Fan

Do you really, honestly, truthfully believe that your corps will win on Saturday? Or are you just hoping for a victory? I can understand the later, but I can't understand the former. There is simply too little time for CC to make up the gap on BD. Their percussion scores are simply deficient, and that won't change between now and Saturday.

Maybe BD will blow it next weekend, and give away the title. One would argue that this is what happened in 2008, so it could happen again. Don't count on it.

Enjoy the shows this weekend, take home the silver medal, and start preparing for next year. Eventually, BD's hegemony will end, and someone will swoop in to take a title. That could be CC.

Edited by oldschooldbc
  • Like 4

Do you really, honestly, truthfully believe that your corps will win on Saturday? Or are you just hoping for a victory? I can understand the later, but I can't understand the former. There is simply too little time for CC to make up the gap on BD. Their percussion scores are simply deficient, and that won't change between now and Saturday.

Maybe BD will blow it next weekend, and give away the title. One would argue that this is what happened in 2008, so it could happen again. Don't count on it.

Enjoy the shows this weekend, take home the silver medal, and start preparing for next year. Eventually, BD's hegemony will end, and someone will swoop in to take a title. That could be CC.

Do you really, honestly, truthfully believe I actually care who wins on Saturday?

My prayer to God is only to allow me to see this show live three more times before I never will again. It has nothing to do with seeing Crown win!

But, to answer your questions, YES, I REALLY DO HONESTLY AND TRUTHFULLY BELIEVE CAROLINA CROWN WILL WIN NEXT SATURDAY!

And further, unless you can tell me where the stock market will finish next Friday night, your prognostication and crystal ball are just as cloudy as mine and your opinion carries just as much weight.

You crotchety old geezer.

:tongue:/>

• Like 7

"that website" has a video of Crown @ Allentown for free (before fannetwork, which i pay for) if you wanna see the new ending!!

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gif

Do you really, honestly, truthfully believe I actually care who wins on Saturday?

My prayer to God is only to allow me to see this show live three more times before I never will again. It has nothing to do with seeing Crown win!

But, to answer your questions, YES, I REALLY DO HONESTLY AND TRUTHFULLY BELIEVE CAROLINA CROWN WILL WIN NEXT SATURDAY!

And further, unless you can tell me where the stock market will finish next Friday night, your prognostication and crystal ball are just as cloudy as mine and your opinion carries just as much weight.

You crotchety old geezer.

tongue.gif/>

Gee Wiz, G, you're such a Crownee! :tongue:/>

You apparently have taken too many cc's of CC and have OD'd!

But I think BD will prevail because of their late season stability......i.e:

In 2008 their Gap between 1st and 2nd from Quarters thru Finals was (.375, .375, .025) - yeah, they lost...but they were stable.

In 2009 their Gap between 1st and 2nd from Quarters thru Finals was (1.85, .85, 1.55)

In 2010 their Gap between 1st and 2nd from Quarters thru Finals was (1.35, .80, 1.15)

In 2011 their Gap between 1st and 2nd from Quarters thru Finals was (.5, .5, .55) - again, lost to Cadets, but stable.

In 2012 their Gap between 1st and 2nd from Quarters thru Finals was (1.55, .75, 1.05)

Bottom line, BD won't give up ground to a corps that has any soft spots......you have to come at them by maxing out. And, as the trend in 09,10 & 12 reveals.....BD gives up ground during Semi's only to mostly make it back at finals. You have to beat them....they're not going to give you a thing.

Being my second favorite corps I won't freak out if CC's wins......but Scouts still have my favorite show this year, by a dam sight! :thumbup:/>

Good luck Crown!

• Like 1

"that website" has a video of Crown @ Allentown for free (before fannetwork, which i pay for) if you wanna see the new ending!!

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gif

It's pretty cool, but I heard the timing was even better last night for the effect.

Ok, it's officially my favorite show. The ending is great, drum line greatly improved and the horn line...well, the best I have ever heard. Love the entire show.