Carolina Crown 2013

I'd like to think that Crown competing in CA and the west played a small part in winning their championship. Come back again next year. Congrats Crown!

I was thinking the same thing at the beginning of this season. I have to agree!

Congratulations Carolina Crown on your first of many titles to come!!! I thoroughly enjoyed your show this year and look forward to what you have in store for us next year.

Would also like to point out that this makes Carolina Crown the first corps to ever win a championship in both Div.II/III and World Class! And on the 20th anniversary of their first title. Wonder if any kids in this corps had parents in that first championship corps?

• Like 3

"My God..........it's full of stars!" (excerpt from 2010 A Space Odyssey)

Congratulations to the MM's, Parents, Staff and Supporters of this great Carolina Crown organization. Your friendship and camaraderie with an amazing Blue Devils corps was evident last night at retreat.....testimony to a healthy and deep respect you have for each other. Wear this first ring (of what I suspect to be many) with pride and accomplishment for the rest of your lives.

• Like 7

"My God..........it's full of stars!" (excerpt from 2010 A Space Odyssey)

Could you imagine what would have happened if they had put that in as the narration right before the guy goes through the wormhole? I think every nerd in the stands would have had a mild heart attack at the exact same time.

• Like 1

Congratulations Carolina Crown! A truly amazing, entertaining show. I'm really glad I got to see it live at Stanford this year. I loved how competitive this season was, all season long. I also enjoyed seeing such a wide range of shows, designs, styles and concepts. I think DCI continues to evolve and grow. Until next year!

• Like 1

Bump, just because it's deserved.

I was three days in Indy with Garfields_kid, getting totally saturated with nothing but drum corps. We watched 27 of the 33 and couldn't wait to go back each day. My nearly-novice brother from the left coast flew in (and will definitely return next year), and my band-director/judge brother drove up from TN. I also had with me two friends whom I'd sent to march back in the '80's ('Coats and Madison) for two of the three days. It was a grand time, and if you haven't gone, you should. It's quite the spectacle indeed for drum corps geeks.

On the way home with the Kid, we had plenty of time to talk about the excitement, the win, the experience, and the cost (the Kid's pretty good with money smile.gif/>). While still young, the Kid's got 11 finals under his belt in 13 years, and his opinions are tilting more and more to spot on - even when we disagree. I also had time to think quietly to myself and I became determined to call out the OldSchoolDribblingBumbleCurmudgeon as soon as I got home.

I was determined to not let your (or anybody's) trash-talk affect my enthusiasm for Crown's performance - and it didn't - but Crown's victory will be ever-the-more sweeter for me from dumping all over your self-important righteousness and rubbing your nose in your defeat.

Some say you're a troll, but a troll with 700 posts is nothing more than a pain in the arse. And YOU are exactly that. You indignation and inflated ego only match in degree your Pi$-poor prognostication. You couldn't have been more wrong. In everything you said about Crown's chances. You can be darn sure your credibility is severely challenged now in everything you post, and I hope you come away having learned to keep your clap-trap shut about things you know very little - if not nothing - about, and you should consider yourself admonished from ever being taken seriously in what you post ever again (although I fully expect that you learned absolutely nothing at all).

And when proven wrong you descend to the lowest of the low-brow and blame the judges themselves as well as their ability to judge accurately. Only your ego lets you believe you could possibly do a better job of judging. Certainly not your results.

You can absolutely be sure that, from now on, anyone who looks at your posts will only be doing so to chuckle at how well you add to your negative ratings, and to get a good, mocking laugh at your expense. Your actual opinions are meaningless. Your style of presenting your opinions is despicable and, while you may laugh if the mods take this down, you can be sure those reading your tripe are laughing - mocking - right back.

Mods: I ask for lenience in leaving this up because of the severity of this poster's malignancy on the forum. While I realize I could have clicked the Report button instead, a C-A-T-H-E-R-I-N-E troll such as this needs to be called on the carpet for his opinion as well as the vitriolic indignation with which he presents it.

All in good fun, and nothing personal tongue.gif/>.

NA-NA-NA-NA-NA---NA!!!

CROWN WINS - YOU LOSE!

thumbup.gif/>

Edited only for spelling. My point stands unchanged.

• Like 1