Carolina Crown 2013

Someone asked about why they only have the show heads on one side of the rolling bass drums...

1001663_597234390316077_58338087_n.jpg

The other side is used like a whiteboard.

• Like 1

Crown being Crown in the Provo Freedom Fest Parade.

I know a lot of people don't get it (Crown's approach to parades that is) but I'm pretty sure the crowd in Utah did today:-)

What's not to get? Making that connection with the crowd and those kids is going to stick with them. Maybe even help expand the drum corps fan base. I personally think it's awesome.

• Like 1

What's not to get? Making that connection with the crowd and those kids is going to stick with them. Maybe even help expand the drum corps fan base. I personally think it's awesome.

Search youtube for Carolina Crown parade and read the comments.

In short -- people don't understand a drum corps who marches in a parade in a relaxed manner to celebrate *with* the audience instead of marching with an emotionless detached military style. I appreciate some bad ###ery as much as the next guy but I also appreciate Crown's unique approach to parades. There's a reason the people in Bristol seem to love them :-)

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 5

I have not seen Crown's show yet, but just based on the uniforms, they are definitely looking very BD-ish. Very, very BD.

• Like 3

I would take this over emotionless any day erryday. If I was a little kid, that would make my freakin life to have them do that kind of stuff.

which ever approach one takes, it should be done well for the sake of the members of the corps and for the respect of those watching.

Unfortunatley, someone failed to edit the vimeo of this corps on the DCI web page today. the appearence is haphazard, not free or celebratory. euphoniums up/down?

• Like 1