Carolina Crown 2013

kungfu22.jpg

In every loss there is gain. As in every gain there is loss. -Master Po

LOL! I'm sorry Mr. "Corpsband" but you absolutely slay me!

Not that it matters, but are you an Crown insider, or have connections to inside info? If you don't, you sure post like you do! tongue.gif

+++

As for the rest of you guys...(ahem, mr. kickshalts for life) I was just listening to the show on the FN without watching, and yeah, I can definitely hear the loss of those six guys. They play really good, and I was just thinking, "man, that ending could be something special, if they only had six more horns...doh.gif

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

They also have people missing from the hornline at the beginning of the show, but people aren't seeming to mention that? I think that if those 6 people not playing their horns puts you off the show, then that's very odd. I've seen them rehearse, and live three times, and you really CAN NOT tell a difference between the full 80~ member hornline and one with 6 less people. The rest of the line pumps out enough volume to cover it. And I really doubt this ending will stay the same, just doesn't seem to fit right now. Also wish they would put the "Dark Side" quote at the huge loud chord at the end of the opener. Kind of bookend the show

I love the show but the ballad always gives me chills, I don't even have much of a problem with the narration in the middle of it anymore, but I'd love for then to hold the last note of the ballad a bit longer......also, I know a lot of people are talking about how much it will change by the time of finals...my question....how close to finals does a corps get before stopping making changes?....do some corps make changes the day before finals, or is there a certain period of time before finals that they will stop making changes? Does that make sense?

LOL! I'm sorry Mr. "Corpsband" but you absolutely slay me!

Posting the "patience grasshopper" pic led me to a fresh appreciation of the wisdom of Master Po :-)

(And for all you who may be too young to have seen Kung Fu -- hit up your favorite torrent site and download the whole series. )

As for your inquiries about insight into Crown, I am only a humble monk.

0.jpg

"Fear is eternal darkness. Go instead with inner strength, for it is like a deep river into which all streams flow. It increases, always moving forward; and soon, there is nothing that can stand in it's way. "

---Master Po

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

I hear Snowden is a "Crowner" ...

From your mouth to the NSA's ears! ph34r.gif

tongue.gif

[/size]

Posting the "patience grasshopper" pic led me to a fresh appreciation of the wisdom of Master Po :-)

(And for all you who may be too young to have seen Kung Fu -- hit up your favorite torrent site and download the whole series. )

As for your inquiries about insight into Crown, I am only a humble monk.

0.jpg

"Fear is eternal darkness. Go instead with inner strength, for it is like a deep river into which all streams flow. It increases, always moving forward; and soon, there is nothing that can stand in it's way. "

---Master Po

....with a phenomenal guard youngin'.....................now try to grab the pebble my hand, Grasshopper! Too slow! w00t.gif