Most dangerous 2013 DCA corps?

If you look below you'll see that I am a bit prejudiced. What has emerged in DCA since Buccaneers started this run in 2005 is that some corps have been forced to up their game. Some have succeeded and others have not.

What I saw last year was that Cabs have stepped up their game and have taken the necessary steps going forward to not only be competitive but to win on a consistent basis.

Cabs are my choice.

Edited by Bucbari

Hummm, there may be a suprise coming from the Central florida area. We'll see :cool:/>

rs14.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First of all saying "maybe we should let EMPIRE win" was just a real stupid statement and as an an alumni I took that as an insult, the EMPIRE STATESMEN has never needed help from anyone to be champion in DCA or anywhere else. This is still Mr.B's drum corps's and his vision of what EMPIRE should be will always make them champion's no matter what the score they get. Second if EMPIRE does leave DCA I really hope that the CABS will still go out and play to the crowd like they always have and at least they will be one "GOOSE BUMP" corps left. If I wanted to watch a "machine" as some of you keep on calling certain corps in DCA than I'll go go to a local factory and watch and save my $50 for a ticket. DCI is shrinking fast and DCA will follow because why now it's not about entertaining the crowd, having a blast playing your show and having people go home excited and looking were the next show is but playing to the judge's. I can remember there being 10,000 people just at prelims and sold out show's at night, but wait a minute I'm a dinosaur from year's past and I'm not in tune with the new drum corps'so my answer to your original question wouldn't matter anyway.

Edited by johnnytata
  • Like 5

First of all saying "maybe we should let EMPIRE win" was just a real stupid statement and as an an alumni I took that as an insult, the EMPIRE STATESMEN has never needed help from anyone to be champion in DCA or anywhere else. This is still Mr.B's drum corps's and his vision of what EMPIRE should be will always make them champion's no matter what the score they get. Second if EMPIRE does leave DCA I really hope that the CABS will still go out and play to the crowd like they always have and at least they will be one "GOOSE BUMP" corps left. If I wanted to watch a "machine" as some of you keep on calling certain corps in DCA than I'll go go to a local factory and watch and save my $50 for a ticket. DCI is shrinking fast and DCA will follow because why now it's not about entertaining the crowd, having a blast playing your show and having people go home excited and looking were the next show is but playing to the judge's. I can remember there being 10,000 people just at prelims and sold out show's at night, but wait a minute I'm a dinosaur from year's past and I'm not in tune with the new drum corps'so my answer to your original question wouldn't matter anyway.

Hear Hear!!!!!!

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

• Like 1

While I don't completely disagree with your first statement, I think your second point is pretty insulting to the other corps that do indeed work their butts off to get the crowd into their show. I go to a few showa s year, and i can tell you without a doubt, many more corps get a strong reaction from the crowd besides Empire and Cabs. To imply otherwise shows you haven't been to too many shows lately, or you are letting your own bias affect what you see and hear from the crowd.

• Like 1

I love Empire and Cabs. Two of my favorite corps. But they are my favorites because they are so good at what they do and because of their style that has been developed over years. It would be a mistake for everyone to try and be like them and I personally like the diversity we have today in style within DCA. There is no reason why a corps with the style of Empire or Cabs can't win in DCA. If you want to emulate Buc's, then focus on their preparation but I don't think to be DCA Champion you have a show style like Buc's. Like I've said before, if Cabs continue on the trend of the past couple years I really think they have a shot.

• Like 3

I rather watch corps like Bucs and MBI than Cabs and Empire. Just saying.

What makes DCA unique and entertaining is the fact that not all corps are cookie cutter like DCI.

Each of the above mentioned corps are unique in their own way. I wouldn't want to watch a show with just Bucs and MBI nor would I want to just watch ES and Cabs type corps.

Maybe you should focus on DCI instead?

What makes DCA unique and entertaining is the fact that not all corps are cookie cutter like DCI.

Each of the above mentioned corps are unique in their own way. I wouldn't want to watch a show with just Bucs and MBI nor would I want to just watch ES and Cabs type corps.

Maybe you should focus on DCI instead?

I didnt say I dont enjoy Empire or Cabs. I said I prefer watching the Bucs style. I do follow DCI but I enjoy and follow DCA just as much.

• Like 2