Most dangerous 2013 DCA corps?

The voice of reason. :tongue:/>

how can that be? I didn't bash Empire

:tongue:/>

as for band support....honestly, if it weren't for HS kids and directors being involved with DCA corps going back to the 80's, DCA'd be dead.

• Like 1

Back on track, "Most Dangerous"

I do not think there can be a "most dangerous" corps in my first 2 Group area's:

Group A

Reading Buc's, Minn. Brass, and C2, Cab's, will be 1,2,,3, 4 (in whatever order).

Group B

Hurk's, CV Atlanta, Fusion, Empire, 5,6,7,8 ( in whatever order ).

But, for them in my, Group C. I just do not know.

The only spots up for grab's are ,9 & 10. Who gets those TWO spots, and will prove to be the "Most Dangerous Corps"

My question's :

Will Sunrisers be in Open Class?

Will Sun Devils or Thunder make a run for Top 10

Will Kilties be the one that makes a move up higher..

Will Buswackers make above 4 above? Or even Higher into group B?

That's 5, Yes, 5 for "2 Spots". That IS THE Real, Danger Zone in a way.

(yes i know some of those Corps in each Group, which may move up or down, from one group to the group.)

But I think without seeing or hearing anyone yet. The "Most Dangerous Corps" is the one that takes 10th.. Leaving 3 to just watch Finals!

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 2

I agree 2B. The competition across the spectrum is great and we are seeing some good drum corps for those spots. But if dangerous is defined as who has a shot for the top, my vote goes to Caballeros. I can't go with my beloved MBI since I hope to march and am obviously biased. I just think Cabs are poised to do something special. Strong talent, great tradition and the incomparable Mr Ponzo. They just need the right vehicle. Kind of like Valhalla was for MBI.

I realize that they are not a DCA corps, but I would say that the U.S. Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps is the most dangerous.

You try telling that many Marines that they're not dangerous....I'll just stand back and offer moral (and medical) support. :tongue:

• Like 2

without naming names, here's how to assume what corps is the most dangerous

if in Mid July, someone is within say 2 points of the leader in Open or A Class...then, yes, they are dangerous.

I realize that they are not a DCA corps, but I would say that the U.S. Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps is the most dangerous.

You try telling that many Marines that they're not dangerous....I'll just stand back and offer moral (and medical) support. tongue.gif

Semper Fi! thumbup.gif

without naming names, here's how to assume what corps is the most dangerous

if in Mid July, someone is within say 2 points of the leader in Open or A Class...then, yes, they are dangerous.

Unless of course they are within 2 points but remain behind in every single caption/sub-caption. Then...not so much.

Unless of course they are within 2 points but remain behind in every single caption/sub-caption. Then...not so much.

maybe not oh Reasonable one. After all, MBI was only ahead of Bucs in one caption at Lewisburg in 2011. 2 points, spread out over what...7 sheets?....with all of the averages and calculus needed to create a DCA recap these days isn't much.

if you follow just about any judging paradigm out there, 1-3 tenths in any sub box means "on any given day...". and at the show, in 3 sub boxes MBI was .5 behind Bucs, and while sinning 3 subs, the spreads in those sub wins were offset by those 3 subs of .5 in Bucs favor.

It's nice to see in DCA that just because you win brass doesn't mean you win percussion, etc. You will, IMO, see DCA have more caption integrity than in DCI, as in people judge their sheet, not the overall package. So here, MBI, down 1.85, with some captions with spreads of .8 and .9, still coming back over the last 6 weeks to pull it off in the end.

That's why history alone can't be used as a predictor.

• Like 1

Now, THAT would be cool!

I go pretty far back, I remember the guy with the "little baton" (Sasso) and how good they were then. Procession of the Nobles, yikes! Maybe it's time for Fran Haring to jump back in? On second thought . . . maybe not. devil.gif/>

thumbup.gif

maybe not oh Reasonable one. After all, MBI was only ahead of Bucs in one caption at Lewisburg in 2011. 2 points, spread out over what...7 sheets?....with all of the averages and calculus needed to create a DCA recap these days isn't much.

if you follow just about any judging paradigm out there, 1-3 tenths in any sub box means "on any given day...". and at the show, in 3 sub boxes MBI was .5 behind Bucs, and while sinning 3 subs, the spreads in those sub wins were offset by those 3 subs of .5 in Bucs favor.

It's nice to see in DCA that just because you win brass doesn't mean you win percussion, etc. You will, IMO, see DCA have more caption integrity than in DCI, as in people judge their sheet, not the overall package. So here, MBI, down 1.85, with some captions with spreads of .8 and .9, still coming back over the last 6 weeks to pull it off in the end.

That's why history alone can't be used as a predictor.

No to mention the fact that between Lewisburg and prelims/finals, MBI made an almost unreal turnaround in the visual and GE captions.