Most dangerous 2013 DCA corps?

Judging from the significant improvement many corps made last year, I would not be surprised to see any of the finalists, and maybe even some others, that make a significant run this year. There seems to be a lot of good things going on with many corps that could spell a surprise come August and September.

Dan

No to mention the fact that between Lewisburg and prelims/finals, MBI made an almost unreal turnaround in the visual and GE captions.

well.....they took the time to go back and A) get all the bodies not at Lewisburg back in and B) tweak things. If you get feedback suggesting things, and you apply it and make it work, you'll see that type of swing. Having been there that night, you could see MBI had potential. In fact go read my review...I said get the missing bodies in, tweak some things and clean, clean clean....

and that's what they did.

I remember 2 weeks out, they got a score in Minnesota higher than what Bucs had here. I looked at that recap...no scabs on that panel. Tons of finalist caliber folks working the recorders that night.

• Like 1

:thumbup:/> :thumbup:/> :thumbup:/>

Fran,

I was just skimming but did Fred say something about you having "a little baton"? That's kind of personal stuff and I don't think that any of us guys who marched with you ever said anything about it. I mean baton size isn't everything and as I remember you pretty much sat around "conducting" yourself but geez, that's pretty cold.

Maybe Marty or Lenny told them, but in general small batons are genetic so they'd be sort of ratting themselves out as well.

Probably Tony White. I always thought he looked at you kind of funny.... like that time in the showers in Bridgeport... that's my guess.

Anyhow Fred, I don't think that it's the size of Fran's baton that's keeping him from marching. It's the fact that he's in his 70s now and it's tough to keep up.

I stuck up for you Fran...

No problem...

• Like 1

Fran,

I was just skimming but did Fred say something about you having "a little baton"? That's kind of personal stuff and I don't think that any of us guys who marched with you ever said anything about it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ray, to refresh your memory, here's Fred's quote:

"I remember the guy with the 'little baton' (Sasso)"

So I'm going to conclude from that remark that it was you Long Island guys who had a "baton" problem.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :tongue:

• 1 month later...

I believe Cadets2 is the most dangerous this year. I watched their latest video and compared where we were in March last year, they've seen to surpass that.

I believe Bush is a close second.

• Like 2

I believe Cadets2 is the most dangerous this year. I watched their latest video and compared where we were in March last year, they've seen to surpass that.

I believe Bush is a close second.

No bias there at all! :tongue:

until I see a full background history check and criminal profile on every corpsmembership, I'll reserve judgement.

• Like 1

No bias there at all! tongue.gif

Maybe just a little cool.gif

But I do believe Bush is going to make an impact this year, especially with the new staff. I'm excited to see them this summer. I do believe it will come down to Bucs, Cabs, C2, and MBI at Finals though. C2 is the most dangerous Corps, in my unbiased opinion because they now have the DCA experience. They know what they're up against, and they know how hard they will have to work to beat the other corps. Last year, roughly 90% of us were rookies, but this year C2 has returning members so that will also play a factor in the season.

• Like 1

Maybe just a little cool.gif

But I do believe Bush is going to make an impact this year, especially with the new staff. I'm excited to see them this summer. I do believe it will come down to Bucs, Cabs, C2, and MBI at Finals though. C2 is the most dangerous Corps, in my unbiased opinion because they now have the DCA experience. They know what they're up against, and they know how hard they will have to work to beat the other corps. Last year, roughly 90% of us were rookies, but this year C2 has returning members so that will also play a factor in the season.

I made that same point earlier in this thread. Just had to give ya a little crap! :lookaround: