G7 Update

Reports out of the DCI meetings in each of the Hotel suites covering a variety of topics went off without a hitch last nite. There is a video that was released earlier today of the civil manner most of the meetings in each suite went.

So saxophones were approved?

Yes... but apparently not without a fight, N.E. Brigand.

For the record, at least one of the G7 was directly responsible for bringing back The Troopers.

I think that the record might also reflect that many people were and are responsible for the return of the Troopers. Defining that responsibility and its scope/impact is another thing.

For the record, at least one of the G7 was directly responsible for bringing back The Troopers.

True, and also "for the record", if the Troopers and the other handful of Corps Directors that founded DCI put a similar G7 proposal together early in the beginnings of DCI, 5 of the 7 Corps in the G7 wouldn't even exist today.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

True, and "for the record", if the Troopers and the other handful of Corps Directors that founded DCI put a similar G7 proposal together early in the beginnings of DCI, more than half the current G7 Corps wouldn't even exist today.

There were a lot of corps helping the Troopers, as Daave stated, both in and out of the 7. This letter, in my opinion, is intended to help those who helped them.

Edit: This response is more for Bruckner8, I don't know why I responded to BRASSO.

Edited by acolli17
  • Like 1

Reports out of the DCI meetings in each of the Hotel suites covering a variety of topics went off without a hitch last nite. There is a video that was released earlier today of the civil manner most of the meetings in each suite went.

Need I repeat how funny brasso is?

:tongue:/>

Would be better to have leadership that is not even a fan... then there is no emotional connection at all.

On top of that, someone who does not know anything about the activity prior their own due diligence before coming out board would be a perfect individual to communicate what the hell the activity is and the benefits to the outside world.

Drum corps right now is far too insular, isolated and with an ivory tower mentality. It is far too up its own ###.

Bill Cook had proposed that DCI have a commissioner. Something in the back of my memory says he even brought in NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle to talk with the board, but it might have been someone else...it was a BOD meeting and not one I was at.

I do like your logic that someone who doesn't know about drum corps (or doesn't know much) would be a good communicator to get new people interested. Someone respected like a Gen. Colin Powell, perhaps.

But as far as your comment that drum corps is too far up its own ###, whose ### should it be up? :rolleyes:

Bill Cook had proposed that DCI have a commissioner. Something in the back of my memory says he even brought in NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle to talk with the board, but it might have been someone else...it was a BOD meeting and not one I was at.

Sarah Palin is free as of today.

Edited by BRASSO

We need more of the Sopranos right now, not more of the Saxophones.

Specifically, we could bring in Tony Soprano to settle both groups down and make them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Edited by BRASSO