G7 Update

DCI was created as a collective, an organization to work solely in the interest of American Drum & Bugle Corps. We, the leaders of the youth whom we serve, are responsible for maintaining that collective spirit.

and at the end of the day..that's what it's all about

• Like 1

I am so over all this ########. Shut up, get along, get out on the road, and throw it down.

That's how I felt in 2010 and again with the recent email. But I have to say that I am proud to see the home team taking a stand.

Edited by TerriTroop
  • Like 1

That's how I felt in 2010 and again with the recent email. But I have to say that I am proud to see the home team taking a stand.

All of this just makes me sick. Yes, this is a performing art...it's not going to make a ton of money. Things like this never do. The arts are luxury commodities, and when times are bad, aren't going to receive the support and funding that they did in the past when people have to make decisions between going to a show and putting food on the table.

I think the G7 and the rest of DCI are going to have to understand that they both need each other to exist. Things aren't going to go the way each of them wants and that they'll have to make due with compromise. I think the letter George sent takes this into account. It states that even they can't get along and decide how to do things. They've probably had the grand awakening to the fact that they're not going to make the type of money they want or thought they could make. All of the corps are just going to have to suck it up, deal with the economy the best they can, cut costs where they can, and try to diversify their off-season profits to the best of their abilities.

And to any of the corps executive directors, program coordinators, techs, and whomever else...if you can't get your ego out of the way long enough to realize that you're all needed to make this work for everyone else, then pack your bags, get the #### out, and don't let the door hit you in the ###.

Edited by chaos001

All of this just makes me sick. Yes, this is a performing art...it's not going to make a ton of money. Things like this never do. The arts are luxury commodities, and when times are bad, aren't going to receive the support and funding that they did in the past when people have to make decisions between going to a show and putting food on the table.

I think the G7 and the rest of DCI are going to have to understand that they both need each other to exist. Things aren't going to go the way each of them wants and that they'll have to make due with compromise. I think the letter George sent takes this into account. It states that even they can't get along and decide how to do things. They've probably had the grand awakening to the fact that they're not going to make the type of money they want or thought they could make. All of the corps are just going to have to suck it up, deal with the economy the best they can, cut costs where they can, and try to diversify their off-season profits to the best of their abilities.

And to any of the corps executive directors, program coordinators, techs, and whomever else...if you can't get your ego out of the way long enough to realize that you're all needed to make this work for everyone else, then pack your bags, get the #### out, and don't let the door hit you in the ###.

Then why did he, as apparent voice of this group, demand that DCI dissolve their current structure and give the group of seven the controlling vote on the DCI board. I agree with you that DCI needs everybody, I just don't agree that seven corps are worth more than all the rest.

Then why did he, as apparent voice of this group, demand that DCI dissolve their current structure and give the group of seven the controlling vote on the DCI board. I agree with you that DCI needs everybody, I just don't agree that seven corps are worth more than all the rest.

No, they definitely are not.

He's a greedy ### #####. I wish he would leave the activity. Just get out now and leave the rest of us alone. You think things would've gotten this bad concerning the G7 without him? Hell, it probably wouldn't even exist.

They realize that they can't act on their own, so might as well go back and have control over what is currently working (even if it's not up snuff by their definition).

I can guarantee that the rest of the G7 aren't getting along right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see them disband this effort after it's all said and done (here's to wishful thinking!).

I hate seeing the corps I love get into this mess and having their name run through the mud...but they did it to themselves. They don't even like George and sure as hell hate BD. I don't know what kind of sales pitch they were given to be complicit in all of this nonsense.

Edited by chaos001
  • Like 4

TROOP A LOOP

Public apology to mellodramatic for the accidental red minus!!!! Sorry mello!!! +++++ (some pluses for you)

• Like 1

Public apology to mellodramatic for the accidental red minus!!!! Sorry mello!!! +++++ (some pluses for you)

I gave them one on behalf of you. :tongue:

I have always respected Troopers for multiple reasons. From the way they stay true to their roots to what previous members have told me about how much they care about their members. But this kicks that up A LOT of notches, and I made a small donation and am planning on purchasing a few souvies from them. ;) It was what was needed to be said, and it was done so in a way that was professional and to the point. My view of where DCI headed was on the negative end, and while this isn't fixing problems in itself, I hope it is motivation for other corps, and maybe even the G7 to think about what they're doing and how they can work together to help DCI survive. :thumbup:

• Like 1

No, they definitely are not.

He's a greedy ### #####. I wish he would leave the activity. Just get out now and leave the rest of us alone. You think things would've gotten this bad concerning the G7 without him? Hell, it probably wouldn't even exist.

They realize that they can't act on their own, so might as well go back and have control over what is currently working (even if not up to their definition of snuff).

I can guarantee that the rest of the G7 aren't getting along right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see them disband this effort after it's all said and done (here's to wishful thinking!).

I hate seeing the corps I love get into this mess and having their name run through the mud...but they did it to themselves. They don't even like George and sure as hell hate BD. I don't know what kind of sales pitch they were given to be complicit in all of this nonsense.

I hope George has many many years left in the activity and never leaves. And I hope he continues to pursue his vision of the performing arts and drumcorps. I'm not sure many people can say they have directly influenced the lives of more youth than him and he continues to do that to this day.

• Like 9