G7 Update

I think the key is how the members work from here on in, not so much the structure of the Boards.

The G7 really had no voice on the board after losing threir seats in the recall vote. Now they do. But the non G7 appear to have retained influence and power as well. Its an unholy and shaky alliance to be sure. But it appears on the surface to me that its far better than having one group deciding they should have all the power and influence and ready to walk out the door if they did not get it as a result. This buys both camps some time and if both are at the table, there is still hope that common ground can be reached that is satisfactory to both. But maybe I'm being too optimistic here, who knows. But lets see how this all plays out and whether these members on the BOD can work together or not. We'll find out soon enough. And the Board has been changed from 1-3 year staggered terms to 1 year for all.

I think the 1 year term is probably the key change here. 4 G7 members have been seated on the board, giving 50/50 plus an unaffiliated tie breaker. The exec committee is also 50/50. But if any board members do not act in a way that the full membership of DCI perceive as in their interests, they can be replaced next year.

Negotiations on who shall fill the final board seat will presumably be interesting. I nominate barigirl78!

I think the 1 year term is probably the key change here. 4 G7 members have been seated on the board, giving 50/50 plus an unaffiliated tie breaker. The exec committee is also 50/50. But if any board members do not act in a way that the full membership of DCI perceive as in their interests, they can be replaced next year.

That's a good point that I hadn't considered. No one can run with doing whatever they please, because they could be gone. Considering what you pointed out, I believe this most recent development means everyone is working for a stronger DCI.

• Like 1

#### it ipad!!!! I'm sorry Jeff. I seriously have got to stop viewing DCP on my newfangled little tool. I minused you with my stupid pinky. I wish we could have an "undo" option for the plus minus stuff!!!

I want more minuses!

Plus I was on iphone only access all weekend, so in order to reply, i just had to copy the whole post....because editing on an Iphone sucks

• Like 1

The BoD thing is a bit of a tempest in a teacup. Until the MiM corporation either dissolves or breaks fully away, there is still a group of corps simultaneously running a rival circuit to DCI while still in DCI.

So what's going on with that?

Mike

email the 7 and ask

Actually, I was referring to Chamberlain

Who only has historical importance because of Hitler. Otherwise, he'd be one of several totally forgettable British PMs. Godwin by proxy.

• Like 2

if any board members do not act in a way that the full membership of DCI perceive as in their interests, they can be replaced next year.

Actually, unless the By Laws were changded to disallow a recall vote, the recall provision remains intact and legally if the neccessary votes are there among the membership to convene an emergency meeting and initiate recall, they don't have to wait even a year if there is sufficient dissatisfaction on how things are being conducted. Recall can be done at anytime.

Edited by BRASSO