G7 Update

This is a perfect argument for having unaffiliated individuals (who are nevertheless fans) on the board. The outside perspective and voice is key in making good decisions. Hired consultants too often don't have the time or inclination to truly understand the organization they are recommending changes to, but committed external board members, properly chosen, can bring some of the same benefits.

I surely agree with you Sky, but I also think there is a useful benefit of having a leader who is unaffiliated with any corps or, possibly, with the activity at all.

It allows for a completely unemotional and unbiased decision-making process that is best for the financial stability of the entire activity.

It make take a few years to acheive that goal, but I think it's worthy.

Bravo Troopers!

• Like 2

####.

but hey you got the deep throat joke so thats what counts

Your full quote is killing me on this phone, Ream. Lol.

To this end, we applaud the recent proposal to create a regular opportunity for board members of DCI member corps to meet, engage in mutual problem solving and share best practices to better serve the activity and the respective members as a whole. It is thanks to the collective of volunteer board members in each of these organizations, who truly bear the fiduciary responsibility for this activity, that all of our organizations are able to put "...the rubber to the road," and it would only serve to strengthen our organizations by allowing the free exchange of ideas between those bases. By tapping into this broad and diverse experience, we are confident that we will soon see an age where our activity will be united once again as a collective, and that the numbers of organizations, experiences, and opportunities for young musicians involved with DCI will flourish and grow.

Apprently there was another proposal that wasn't leaked on DCP?! It must not exist... :lookaround:/>

But my thoughts overall on this are positive. There isn't a tone of "go ahead and leave" or "we won't don't anything with you again". There is an extended hand (from atleast troopers) to resolve the issue. I think this Letter does have a point about sticking to the DCI bylaws. However, I find that in the continued discussion with a large percentage of those unhappy with the state of DCI will be fruitful for ALL the corps. I just hope that the solutions that are found are chosen because they are empirically the best.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1