Back in the good ol' days...

I could get what he was saying if the activity was growing. Look at the number of corps today, and look at the number of corps 30 years ago. How many fewer marching members do we have today? How many fewer will there be in another 20 years?

To be fair, I could totally see BD doing a "Harry Potter" show. (But won't it be retro in 2033? :devil: )

• Like 3

I was there when Blue Devils had a new thing called drum and bugle corps. I love most of the new stuff drum corps is doing and some of the stuff I don't like is just how the particular corps are doing it. I think WGI is great too.

I could get what he was saying if the activity was growing. Look at the number of corps today, and look at the number of corps 30 years ago. How many fewer marching members do we have today? How many fewer will there be in another 20 years?

To be fair, I could totally see BD doing a "Harry Potter" show. (But won't it be retro in 2033? devil.gif )

I know you think the activity is not growing but rather shrinking but it actually is just as big now as it was in 1970. It's just had a paradigm shift and is being done by all the schools now. indoor drumline is huge around here and we are gonna have some great shows!

Yes DCI itself isn't as big the the activity as a whole is getting much bigger and much better IMO!

• Like 5

I know you think the activity is not growing but rather shrinking but it actually is just as big now as it was in 1970. It's just had a paradigm shift and is being done by all the schools now. indoor drumline is huge around here and we are gonna have some great shows!

Yes DCI itself isn't as big the the activity as a whole is getting much bigger and much better IMO!

Biggest disconnect I see in the threads is the word "activity"

for some: activity = drum corps

for some: activity = marching band type groups

I read Jackos post as activity = drum corps which would be true..... and for your definition also true...

Just note to myself to define activity next few times I throw the word around.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

So can we simply start calling it marching band and drop this whole drum corps charade? :rolleyes::w00t:

• Like 1