New DCI Board of Directors elected

Well, this is exactly what the level headed people on DCP expected. Compromise.

Yup, one more pointless and damaging giveaway to keep the peace against the G7's outrageous and counterproductive demands... Just like the TOC giveaway, this compromise is very risky for the non-G7.

• Like 4

Yup, one more pointless and damaging giveaway to keep the peace against the G7's outrageous and counterproductive demands... Just like the TOC giveaway, this compromise is very risky for the non-G7.

Well, it might have been unexpected for you... but time will tell.

Plus I'm surprised that you think the 17 other directors are incompetent at making good decisions that benefit themselves. I see that the new board was elected... what do you think that means?

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

I just recently finished reading a biography of Robert Moses, who for decades exercised tremendous power over parks, highways, bridges, and transit in the state and city of New York. He was able to get stuff done, but it wasn't always the best stuff, and in many cases his stubbornness led him to push for really bad things just to spite someone who was arguing with him. Anyway, he had plenty of methods for keeping the press on his side and backchannel methods for getting people to agree to things. One of his favorite tactics was to send reporters or politicians he needed to back his ideas edited transcripts of public and private meetings over which he had control of the minute-taking. Critical details arguing against his ideas or embarrassing or contradictory things he said in them were conveniently left out of the official record of hundreds of meetings.

Yeah... instead of spending time straightening out those ####### curves on the Southern State Parkway he designed. :tongue:

• Like 1

Happy that Chris and Fred will be there to be the voices of reason.

• Like 2

2012 ............................................... 2013

Mark Arnold 3 years.................. Mark Arnold (Blue Knights) 1 year

Roman Blenski 2 years............... Roman Blenski (Pioneer) 1 year

new position for 2013 ............... Jim Coates (Carolina Crown) 1 year

new position for 2013 ............... Jeff Fiedler (Santa Clara Vanguard) 1 year

new position for 2013 ............... David Gibbs (Blue Devils) 1 year

Tom Spataro 1 year ................... George Hopkins (Cadets) 1 year

Chris Komnick 3 years ................ Chris Komnick (Madison Scouts) 1 year

Fred Morrison 2 years ................ Fred Morrison (Crossmen) 1 year

John Masterson 3 years................ Non Affiliated TBD

Julie Burns 2 years

Mark Stasa 1 year

so... looks like at least one of the non affiliated will lose their spot, even though based on last year they should still be here. Also, that Chris Komnick and Mark Arnold lost a year from their terms.

We added 3 corps director positions and took away 2 non affiliated positions, in addition to replacing Boston with one of the G7, if I have understood correctly.

Edited by soccerguy315

Yeah... instead of spending time straightening out those ####### curves on the Southern State Parkway he designed. :tongue:/>

Well if those people whose houses USED to be where the curves are hadn't ####ed him off.... :devil:

On topic: so three new positions (as per soccerguys post) filled by G7?

Well, I guess that's one way to think of it.

You can also choose to see it as a group of directors who clearly have differences who are coming together to try and make things work.

It's what adults (smart adults) do.

I think it's apparent that the 7 corps need DCI, at least for the moment. And conversely, DCI needs the 7, their top competitive corps. Both sides of the table need each other, and thus they are attempting to work together to try and make it work for everyone's benefit. Only time will tell what happens, but for now Mr. Boo is 100% - DRUM CORPS won.

• Like 1

Well if those people whose houses USED to be where the curves are hadn't ####ed him off.... devil.gif

On topic: so three new positions (as per soccerguys post) filled by G7?

And one old one.

Interesting to see which G7'ers did go for seats and those who didn't...

You can also choose to see it as a group of directors who clearly have differences who are coming together to try and make things work.

I think it's apparent that the 7 corps need DCI, at least for the moment. And conversely, DCI needs the 7, their top competitive corps. Both sides of the table need each other, and thus they are attempting to work together to try and make it work for everyone's benefit. Only time will tell what happens, but for now Mr. Boo is 100% - DRUM CORPS won.

Oh great! Inflate his ego, why don't ya?!? :P

Some day I've got to meet this mysterious "Mr." Boo and ask him how he does it. :shutup: