"Tour of Champions" 2013

No thank you. For a more affordable cost, I'll go to Allentown and see EVERY World Class corps

• Like 1

The others in DCI might just be following the wise old sage advice to" keep your friends close and your enemies closer. " Personally, I think both groups equally need one another to survive. But... who knows, we'll see.

I agree about both groups needing one another, and I think it's pretty obvious that the DCI corps (ALL of them) understand this as well - this is why we have this pseudo-symbiotic relationship between the Music in Motion folks & DCI. Without the top corps as their main draw, DCI would likely have attendance problems. Without the full DCI schedule of events, the Music in Motion folks would likely have revenue problems.

We'll see: I think, just like historically, the corps will work things out and live/work together.

I would like to think that no one could just randomly use DCI's logo without DCI's permission: especially DCI member corps. It's possible that the member corps are allowed to use DCI's logo (just as DCI is able to use any corps logo/pics, etc) however the member corps see fit: perhaps that's a contractual thing between DCI and its corps. I'm not sure I would jump to any conclusions that the Music in Motion corps are using DCI's logo without permission

eh,.........I would guess that the corps as individuals have certain rights to use the name and logo,.........but not too sure DCI would allow them the right to assign the use of the name and logo to another organization,..............

eh,.........I would guess that the corps as individuals have certain rights to use the name and logo,.........but not too sure DCI would allow them the right to assign the use of the name and logo to another organization,..............

So I guess I'm choosing to give DCI member corps organizations the benefit of the doubt without knowing all of the facts, while others might choose to point the finger in blame without having all of the information.

I guess that's what my question is. What does that DCI logo mean? Board approval of an arbitrary-seven-corps subtour? Or did they just hork the logo and name without asking?

I would presume most Event Partners (show hosts) would have the opportunity to include DCI logo in show promotional materials (Maybe garfield could share info?). Why would that be any different for MiM as a show host? It is still sanctioned by DCI. Just not "ran" by DCI.

Edited by mingusmonk

Do you think it's especially difficult for DCI's staff right now, reporting to a board split evenly between two opposing viewpoints?

Do you think it's especially difficult for DCI's staff right now, reporting to a board split evenly between two opposing viewpoints?

I just discovered that an anagram for "DCI Music in Motion" is "Timid Comic Unions."

I kid you not.

• Like 2

I would presume most Event Partners (show hosts) would have the opportunity to include DCI logo in show promotional materials (Maybe garfield could share info?). Why would that be any different for MiM as a show host? It is still sanctioned by DCI. Just not "ran" by DCI.

Yes, absolutely. And we have the opportunity to buy marketing materials from DCI's database (photos, radio scripts, etc).

Having "A stop on the DCI national tour..." on our marketing materials is of great benefit. Hint: we don't advertise our show based on the lineup. It's the DCI name that sells.

I would think that, especially now, they are following a quasi-Robert's Rules format. That is, the BOD membership agrees on a path and the President of the BOD relates that directive to the ED for implementation.

I'd think whatever friction is happening is going on among the BOD members, not so much between the BOD and the executive offices.

Due to the circumstances I'd think the informal, "good ole' boy" way of getting things done is probably on hold for a while. Everyone wants their t's crossed and i's dotted.

But I'm Schultz...