Phantom Regiment 2013 (2)

Just got back from watching Phantom Regiment's rehearsal and checking out warm-ups in Houston. They changed up the drill and some of the little musical details after the Mahler 2 hit! Overall, the show is still solid for me, but I'm sure the changes are very much welcome!

I'll see if I can upload the runthrough video tonight. Unfortunately, because of the heavy rain, it was a pit-less run, and the bass line didn't join in until the Nimrod ballad.

Edited by Fobo1991

It seems that the percussion may be holding back the music scores....maybe time for a change.

Second place tonight and just a tenth behind Cavies. Not shabby. Still have Cadets, SCV, & BD (all top notch drumlines) also in front of them.

Or even from their videographer. Is he no longer with the corps?

He is, but he just got married! Part of the corps played at his wedding. :) The cook from Taiwan also puts out videos and they are phabulous!

It seems that the percussion may be holding back the music scores....maybe time for a change.

The line has improved every year that Shane has been there.

The line has improved every year that Shane has been there.

I know it's "different contests, different nights" but Regiment scored a 17.2 tonight with Pipitone judging. Vanguard received the same score the night before under Griffin.

Not bad boys, not bad at all.

Love this new ending.

• Like 3

Shane started from scratch 2 years ago, the whole line either aged out or went to SCV with Paul Rennick.

They've certainly beefed up the pit book this season but no doubt the battery is still a little behind the top 3.

I too would like to see them score higher but I don't see any need to panic, we need to give Shane more time to bring them up to par... if they're not top 3 within two years then yes, time for a change.

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB
  • Like 1

Chaos, thanks for posting the clip. Now that's more like it!!!!

I'm thrilled to have the men and women of the 2013 Phantom Regiment join the ranks of alumni!!!!!!

Keep pushing.

SUTA

• Like 1