Phantom Regiment 2013 (2)

I agree that visuals are going to make or break this show, but it's so good to hear something not sweet and sappy

This show reminds me a lot of the 2011/2012 productions as far as their structure. That's a good thing; don't mess with what's worked lately. To that end, I also really like that little four note horn motif they use through the whole program.

I will also be curious to see the show in motion; based on the music, I have no idea what kind of fairy tale this is supposed to represent.

Musically, though, I'm down with it - more "classic" Phantom always = :worthy:

Mike

• Like 1

Facebook, Smacebook, they're too slow. The NSA in Utah had it up on their website before the Phantom DM gave his final salute to the audience in the park there.

Speaking of which, it was a little creepy driving by the NSA headquarters / Ft. Meade on my way back to the hotel from DCA Finals last year, at night in the fog with some sort of rotating (airport?) tower light looming above.

This show sounds great - the opener especially. Saw Crown, Cadets and Phantom so far.. looks like it's gonna be a good year from all three.

• Like 1

I had to go back and listen again today... goosebumps all over again, at multiple points. Come on July!!!

I don't get the "disjointed" comments.. is it a rule now that shows have to have a continuous flow from beginning to end and tell a story with pieces that fit together with smooth transitions?

• Like 1