Blue Devils Announce Show

Ha.. that's a good way to describe how I feel about their visual program. devil.gif

What you did there. I see it. Clever

Yeah it's definitely not one of their "things" and maybe I myself am bending over backwards to say BD has company fronts, but in 2012 after the drum break, 2010 (sorta) just before the end of their show, it basically served the roll of being a company front to end the show, it was just a large arc, 2009 started the show with a company front with rotating files and blocks dissolving it right to left, 2008 had a company front that dissolved into the stick man (I think), 2007 had actually quite a few and more if you count the double arc wings. But for sure, the contexts of their CFs usually aren't the same as with other corps'.

I've seen them more as transitions than an actual company front. When I think of company front, I'm thinking the standard version you see in many other corps shows, when the BD ones seem to be a flash of one that transitions into something else. It's part of their visual style I guess.

• Like 1

I'm bothered by the use of "many" too. It is not provable at all. And even if it was, it is used here as a tool to try to convince people to reject what they are doing and to suggest what they are doing is bad for Drum Crops ... or is somehow inauthentic or not worthy or praise. It is being used to try to stifle innovation and variety. Not everything has to fit your own subjective definition of "good".

It's a classic use of the argumentum ad populum fallacy:

http://en.wikipedia....ntum_ad_populum

The fact that "many" believe something does not make it true.

well, if fans golf clapping at MANY shows isn't enough, and even walking out before they perform at finals isn't enough, then, well, they're just universally beloved and adored and anyone that doesnt like them is just an uneducated bore.

(insert sarcasm here)

• Like 3

I'm bothered by the use of "many" too. It is not provable at all. And even if it was, it is used here as a tool to try to convince people to reject what they are doing and to suggest what they are doing is bad for Drum Crops ... or is somehow inauthentic or not worthy or praise. It is being used to try to stifle innovation and variety. Not everything has to fit your own subjective definition of "good".

It's a classic use of the argumentum ad populum fallacy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

The fact that "many" believe something does not make it true.

Agreed.

People should stop treating their own little circle as representative of the world, or in this instance, drum corps fans.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 3

I've seen them more as transitions than an actual company front. When I think of company front, I'm thinking the standard version you see in many other corps shows, when the BD ones seem to be a flash of one that transitions into something else. It's part of their visual style I guess.

http://www.cleanvideosearch.com/media/action/yt/watch?videoId=yNjVjmVypPc

If that link doesn't work (we have clean Youtube at work), search youtube for "Blue Devils 07 End of the Opener"

Sexiest company front I have ever seen. Haha

Edited by SopMaster

http://www.cleanvideosearch.com/media/action/yt/watch?videoId=yNjVjmVypPc

If that link doesn't work (we have clean Youtube at work), search youtube for "Blue Devils 07 End of the Opener"

Sexiest company front I have ever seen. Haha

But again, it's a transition. Instead of being a company front as it is usually defined, it starts as a straight line, but then transitions into another form. It's cool and all, and was great when they got it clean, but still not a company front. I still think '98 Cadets is the best one I've ever seen. Perfect foot timing and everything

Still say it should have been " The Right of Swing "