What and when was your first DCI purchase?

What and when was your first DCI purchase?(excluding tickets)Was it a video/DVD, CD, clothing, jewelry, stickers,...etc..different corps merchandise as well.

My first purchase was to video tapes that featured the Cadets throughout their summer in 2001, as well as the video tape the Cadets Championship years

Since then I bought 2 Cavaliers cds , 3 Cadets cds, a Phantom Regiment wristband(i wear it everyday at work),a Cavaliers dvd, a Cavaliers hoody, and 2009-2012 top 12 finals dvds, and complete world finals cds from 2009-2012

Edited by msumello

Bought a Troopers shirt back and hat when I saw them in 74 or 75. But..... they were out of THE Troopers shirt and didn't get that until 77 or 78. THE shirt... blue with yellow crossed swords and corps name in yellow all over the front. Wore the hat all during college. Since there is a large Criminology Dept some people thought it was a cop hat. :blink:

Like Gary... lot of pinbacks, mainly when we stopped at 79 DCI East Prelims on the way to a show in NJ.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

What and when was your first DCI purchase?(excluding tickets)Was it a video/DVD, CD, clothing, jewelry, stickers,...etc..

My first purchase was to video tapes that featured the Cadets throughout their summer in 2001, as well as the video tape the Cadets Championship years

1992 DCI Finals CD's, at Finals 1992 (it might've been tapes, I don't remember; I know I bought the 1993 Finals on CD, but can't remember if I bought 92 on tape or CD).

A Crossmen shirt. I bought it at the first show I ever went to after I was blown away by Bones.

A 27th Lancers t-shirt at the CYO Nationals in 1977. It was held at Harvard Stadium that year rather than Boston College. The woman selling the merchandise noticed I was looking at the 27th Lancers Yearbook and probably sensed I only had enough money for one or the other and I chose the t-shirt. She handed me the t-shirt, but there was also a copy of the yearbook--one that had a tattered cover that probably couldn't be sold. She told me to enjoy it and that maybe one day I'd be a 27th Lancer. Never joined 27th and it's been nearly thirty years since the corps took the field, but when I watch a Legacy DVD it's as if they only stopped competing yesterday.