DCI show moments that made you teary eyed

Last shows - Star 93, Suncoast 89, Freelancers 94 ...

• Like 1

Scouts 05' ending.

"Best In Show":

1975 Madison Scouts. The opening "Hit" from that LOUD hornline in "Slaughter on 10th Ave", and the closing fanfare on "Memories/The Way we Were".

Watching all of that on TELEVISION (The first DCI telecast BTW) you could feel the POWER and intensity comming through the microphones.

Great memories.....

Elphaba

Phantom Regiment 2010.

Every hit, the chevron company front and the last chord from inside the tunnel.

The whole show really.

• Like 3

The last big-a** hit in Phantom '10 gets me too.

The end of Phantom '08, of course.

I wasn't there, but the ballad in Cavaliers '02.

Crown '09, ending perhaps? Partially from emotion and partially from hearing loss.

Also wasn't there, but lots of Phantom '93.

There have to be others but I can't remember!

• Like 1

1) 72 prelims as we are coming up behind the stands and I hear how good other corps were and how badly we sucked

2) Montreal, McGill Stadium for prelims. Those splinters brought tears to my eyes

3) Once upon a Time into Somewhere Over the Rainbow still does it to me ( ok, not DCI but so what)

4) Bugle call /taps during 27th pinwheeel in Danny Boy

5) Skyriders closing to WoO show as the balloon goes up into the evening sky and you hear the 3 clicks of the heel on vibes

6) Suncoast's hands coming out of the wall........dang just gave myself shivers on that one. If you didn't see it in person, theres no way to explain how emotionally intense that moment was.

There are lots of moments that cause things to "get a little dusty". I'm not a particularly emotional person, but there are a handful of shows that really get to me. The two that really stand out are...

1997 Crossmen. The final chord where the entire guard run front field. So much emotion coming out of that corps, and I was convinced they had passed Cavies in those final 30 seconds.

2010 Phantom. Entire show. I cried like a baby at finals, and the show still gets me every time it pops up on my iPod.

It would take me 45 minutes to list all of the shows that get to me, but the two I listed immediately came to mind.

Z

• Like 1

Crossmen '92: The ending ballad is gorgeous!

SCV '00: When the corps links arms at the end of the show.

Phantom '08: The scores announcement on the DVD. They show Phantom after the results were announced and you see quite a few members crying - gets me every time.

SCV '09: The horn pose ahead of the company front at the end.

Phantom '10: The whole show!

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 2