Rumblings from CADETLAND

I wonder how close they are to finishing the show for Sunday's broadcast? Weather has been horrible in the tri-state area...

Article on the corps' website admits that as of Friday they had completed 9 minutes of the show. They usually want 10 1/2-3/4 but usually have to trim down to 11.

The bad weather is actually a blessing to help them understand the vulnerability and challenge the prop towers present since not all show weather conditions will be ideal or in a dome.

according to news released by the corps today (Saturday) online access of corps preview tomorrow, Sunday, June 9th, 2013 from Johnstown, PA is set to be at 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time Zone, of course.

I give The Cadets credit for being one of the few DCI Corps that is not so secretive in the offseason and is willing to allow us fans a glimpse into their preseason. It seems pretty clear to me that such openness over the last several preseasons has not hurt them competitively in any manner whatsover. If anything, such openness has probably helped them.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

I give The Cadets credit for being one of the few DCI Corps that is not so secretive in the offseason and is willing to allow us fans a glimpse into their preseason. It seems pretty clear to me that such openness over the last several preseasons has not hurt them competitively in any manner whatsover. If anything, such openness has probably helped them.

Agreed. I find most shows need to grow on me a bit. So I would think the earlier I'm exposed to the material, the bigger a fan I'm likely to be by finals. That's hypothetical, of course.

Also it's just good for the activity I think. More stuff for the fans.

When was the last Cadets show (prior to this one, it seems) that didn't contain some whimsy?

I'd say 2011.

I'd say 2011.

I'd say the pre-show antics of the demons were pretty whimsical.

I guess my point was less literal - more often than not, Cadets tend to produce shows that have moments of "fun" in them. More literally, I can't remember a time when they didn't (perhaps 2008, but even then, some of the narration brought a chuckle whether it meant to or not).

In Angels and Demons I thought the head angel could have released a dove instead of swatting the head demon in the knee, but I figured livestock is probably not allowed either.

You are correct. Once before in DCI history either the Mandarins or the Blue Stars released birds at their finale. Not allowed now.

I was thinking it was Skyriders that caused this rule???

I was thinking it was Skyriders that caused this rule???

correct you are! I was getting so excited waiting for the video live from Johnstown and for news of the no-longer Cream from Ft. Mill, that I forgot to fact check. Sorry, I am doing my push-ups in between my laps.

correct you are! I was getting so excited waiting for the video live from Johnstown and for news of the no-longer Cream from Ft. Mill, that I forgot to fact check. Sorry, I am doing my push-ups in between my laps.

If you go on Cadets FB, in the right hand column, friends of the Cadets, a young lady posted a clip of the performance through the end of ballad.

Cadets are looking for a trumpet and a mello. http://www.yea.org/s...ws_iv_ctrl=1002 (discounted tour fee of $2K) contact ASAP

Cadets this weekend: Thursday inside concert in Allentown, PA. Ticketed event at Symphony Hall

Friday, exhibition at Beefsteak fundraising dinner, Garfield, NJ (at the Russian Orthodox Church campus)

Saturday, alumni association Memorial Mass for deceased alumni,, Most Holy Name Church, Garfield, N.J. 12 noon (open to the public)

Saturday, Northern Highlands H.S., Allendale, NJ (off Rt. 17) uniformed field exhibition (usually a small donation at the gate)

Sunday, Pittsburgh, Penn., parade. on the way to camp week preparing for first contest in Illinois.

Edited by drilltech1