Rumblings from CADETLAND

the last 2 minutes of this are unreal

:worthy:/>

You know, Cadets aren't "showy" like a lot if WGI inspired DCI lines but they ARE unbridled power and precision. They don't wow you with superficial visual and musical composition but stun you with their unique blend of touch, musicality and Strength.

I just think there should be this rule of design. The larger the prop the more versatile they should be. You can't have massive boxes on the field that are ONLY used to hang fabric and roll around.

Use them to climb on, the interact with, to hang flags from, to pull things out of, to hide things inside/behind... Idk just do MORE with the largest props in the field! Even last year the presents opened up and became guard equipment for them to slide on and repositioned to create a new setting.

I just don't think they are yet maximizing how effective they can be and missing opportunities in their ability to be used in multiple forms and functions. If they were designed just to split sides... They didn't need to be so huge.

Earlier in the season, buried in one of GH's online blog thingies, was a question, hinting that they were thinking about having guard do equipment tosses from within the towers. I haven't see anything about it since. I wonder...

the last 2 minutes of this are unreal

:worthy:/>

Even just those Medea isolated rimshots and open rolls!

so are the cadets going to redo the end of medea (prior to the soft ending) so I can take my neck brace off from the musical whiplash when it changes into the slow chords from Adagio? They need a cadets fast chaotic drill ending before the soft ending IMO to bring more GE. Look at 2011 and 2012... the big park and blow chord before the fast ending.. got everyone out of their seats...this show needs that again IMO

Edited by dcibrando

Yes. The towers are out of position sometimes, and they do not move well to said positions.

In DeKalb, they didn't even get started in the right positions. Sitting on the fifty, looking up the row of towers, and they weren't close to lined up. And I'm not sure if it's the tower alignment or just other problems, but when the corps passes through the towers from left to right to start the show and then the percussion comes out back to the left, they come out in jagged lines that take 5-10 yards to clear up. And that's just the opener!

Use them to climb on, the interact with, to hang flags from, to pull things out of, to hide things inside/behind...

They definitely use them to store guard equipment. At the show I went to a flag was hanging out the side of one of the boxes for two or three minutes. :doh:

I really enjoy the quiet ending, but if I saw what happened right, they trick the audience into standing at the last big impact before they wander off into the back corner. I saw the DM turning back around to face the corps after the audience had half-stood for the ovation, and everyone kind of slowly sat back down.

Earlier in the season, buried in one of GH's online blog thingies, was a question, hinting that they were thinking about having guard do equipment tosses from within the towers. I haven't see anything about it since. I wonder...

I don't see how that would be remotely possible with the fabric covering the tops. I also don't think they're nearly wide enough to safely toss any of their equipment.