Bluecoats 2013

I'm not sure what to make of this show from that video. It makes me Confused.

Scared.

Perplexed.

Alone.

Cautious.

Frightened.

Sounds almost like last years show! tongue.gif

• Like 1

I’m not sure what to make of this show from that video. It makes me Confused.

Scared.

Perplexed.

Alone.

Cautious.

Frightened.

" confused " however is a theme emotion that can do quite well in DCI competition, would you agree ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok, I am going to come out and say it; this is by and far the most complete package I have ever seen the Bluecoats field. I am a completely objective person and I have every confidence in stating that this show will finish in the top 3. I have never made that statement at the beginning of the year after the first show with the Bluecoats, but I can confidently say it with this show.

Now, once the horns get conditioned to the speed of the visual package, look out. This is a very good product right now and will be stellar come Finals.

• Like 8

I am a completely objective person and I have every confidence in stating that this show will finish in the top 3.

You could be right.

You also have much more confidence that the DCI judges will mirror your observations and assessments than I do. Way more. I have no idea in June what the DCI judges are going to do in scores, placements and spreads between Corps come Finals Night.

• Like 2

That song has an awesome hook. Would be a great audio intro to a piece (or as they enter the field)...

Mike

I think so too. But that would involve their show being pretty dark and heavy. I haven't seen their show yet, so we'll see what it's like tomorrow at the movies.

Saw Bluecoats last night at the theater - like the new uniforms, and the corps as a whole seems pretty polished.

Can someone explain how they are developing their theme though? I understand the idea for the show, but aside from the references to the parade and military, I just don't see it throughout the rest of the show. I feel that if you remove the parade references you could retitle the show anything that you want and still be ok. The music doesn't seem to fit.

I'm not trying to bash Bluecoats, as I generally like their shows every year (especially the "Boxer" show). I mean this post as a legitimate post and not in any way an attempt to come into the Bluecoats thread and start trouble or troll or anything like that at all. Just curious as to their design intentions.

Saw Bluecoats last night at the theater - like the new uniforms, and the corps as a whole seems pretty polished.

Can someone explain how they are developing their theme though? I understand the idea for the show, but aside from the references to the parade and military, I just don't see it throughout the rest of the show. I feel that if you remove the parade references you could retitle the show anything that you want and still be ok. The music doesn't seem to fit.

I'm not trying to bash Bluecoats, as I generally like their shows every year (especially the "Boxer" show). I mean this post as a legitimate post and not in any way an attempt to come into the Bluecoats thread and start trouble or troll or anything like that at all. Just curious as to their design intentions.

I think corps are continually adding stuff to their shows to make it more cohesive. Who knows what guard element might tie it all together in the future too.

I thought the explanation by Dean Westman in the theater was pretty good. Snapshots of America...a parade down mainstreet, the hustle and bustle of the city, a concert in the park by the river complete with a picnic, some Bluecoats style jazz, the guard symbolizing "ordinary" Americans, the drum cadence introducing each new postcard.

Let's be honest...a theme can be what ever you want to make it. It's usually a concept open to some individual interpretation. Last year I finally figured out that BDs "Da Da" show meant, for me, #### can these guys play, march, and spin. Loved it.

• Like 2