New Uniforms 2013

954805_10201339659557558_1967502448_n.jpg

I had a feeling it would be controversial but I had no idea it would be this ummm - controversial?

• Like 1

I really like it and have a feeling it will look great on the field (with the purple contrasting the green very well).

What I find funny is how everyone keeps complaining how everyone looks the same now, has the same uniform, cookie cutter, blah,blah,blah,,,,,and when a corps finally tries something different.....everyone complains that it looks too different!!!!

Reminds me of Bridgement back in the day when they showcased their new long yellow coats and the uproar that caused....or the '81 Blue Devils who had the nerve to have their color guard wear body hugging sequined spandex!!!!

My how things change.....not :rolleyes:

Later,

Mike

• Like 8

954805_10201339659557558_1967502448_n.jpg

For better or Worst, Drum Corps is moving in the direction of costume like uniforms ala Blue Devils so, This is appropriate. I just wish All the Black on the uniforms was cream or white.

Edited by boxingfred

I really like it and have a feeling it will look great on the field (with the purple contrasting the green very well).

What I find funny is how everyone keeps complaining how everyone looks the same now, has the same uniform, cookie cutter, blah,blah,blah,,,,,and when a corps finally tries something different.....everyone complains that it looks too different!!!!

Reminds me of Bridgement back in the day when they showcased their new long yellow coats and the uproar that caused....or the '81 Blue Devils who had the nerve to have their color guard wear body hugging sequined spandex!!!!

My how things change.....not :rolleyes:/>

Later,

Mike

It not about being the same its about them being very ugly. Its like a cross between a broke court jester and circus ring master. If this was a TV show they would have said it "jumped the shark"

• Like 5

It not about being the same its about them being very ugly. Its like a cross between a broke court jester and circus ring master. If this was a TV show they would have said it "jumped the shark"

I have to agree with you. Viewing the pictures from the gym, at a distance it looks like they have court jester pants, one red leg and one purple. The jacket looks ill-fitting with the half sleave. At a distance it looks like a black top with a red tie that's on crooked. The shako suggests the Crown logo but it also suggests a jester's tri-tassled hat. Rather than simply adding height to the performer, the "shako" seems to get wider suggesting an oversided crown or oversized head. The gloves with tiny guantlets gives the effect of having tiny hands.

And then the color. I'm not adverse to the color combination but its dark. The corps may appear to have fewer members. Notice this season when you compare them to Phantom Regiment. Phantom will appear to be larger in numbers. Recall that the Crown of yesteryear always appeared to be numerous. The dark color without any white is a mistake. My Cavaliers have white accents otherwise they would match the turf. Perhaps Crown's colors will contrast nicely with the field, I hope.

In addition, the cream color was the corps identity and now that's lost. Even Star stuck with pink. No one can compete with Cadets and their uniform identity. In my opinion Cadets have the best uniform in Drum Corps. Crown is trending toward a costume suggesting a military unit. The people that have suggested WGI influencing drum corps are on to something.

I wish Crown success this season but I don't like the new uniforms.

• Like 5

I have to agree with you. Viewing the pictures from the gym, at a distance it looks like they have court jester pants, one red leg and one purple. The jacket looks ill-fitting with the half sleave. At a distance it looks like a black top with a red tie that's on crooked. The shako suggests the Crown logo but it also suggests a jester's tri-tassled hat. Rather than simply adding height to the performer, the "shako" seems to get wider suggesting an oversided crown or oversized head. The gloves with tiny guantlets gives the effect of having tiny hands.

And then the color. I'm not adverse to the color combination but its dark. The corps may appear to have fewer members. Notice this season when you compare them to Phantom Regiment. Phantom will appear to be larger in numbers. Recall that the Crown of yesteryear always appeared to be numerous. The dark color without any white is a mistake. My Cavaliers have white accents otherwise they would match the turf. Perhaps Crown's colors will contrast nicely with the field, I hope.

In addition, the cream color was the corps identity and now that's lost. Even Star stuck with pink. No one can compete with Cadets and their uniform identity. In my opinion Cadets have the best uniform in Drum Corps. Crown is trending toward a costume suggesting a military unit. The people that have suggested WGI influencing drum corps are on to something.

I wish Crown success this season but I don't like the new uniforms.

Actually - Star got rid of the pink after the '88 season and then experimented with different uniforms through their last season. I see Crown as adopting that model - make the uniform fit the show theme.

Later,

Mike

• Like 2