15 year old Snare Drummer in DIV I

Remember this kid from 3 years ago

At the age of 15 is in the snare line of the 2013 Academy. Will potentially age out in 2020

I recall Roger Carter (BD Section Leader 94-95/Bluecoats Cap Head) making VK in 1989 at the age of 15.

• Like 3

I remember seeing him in December - I'm really happy for him for making Academy, and I'm happy for The Academy that they have someone of his virtual-fame and talent in the line!

Edited by Barifonium

Rob Carson was in the SCV snareline at 12. He marched 1970-79.

Garry in Vegas

• Like 1

when we first made finals in 1987 we had brothers who bookended our snare line. they were 14 and 15 yrs old.

I was 15 when I made A corps for BD. I was the last one cut from Tenor and went to Timpani. I should have tried out for snare instead as I always learned their parts after one listen. Being that young though was hard and i ended up quitting.

when we first made finals in 1987 we had brothers who bookended our snare line. they were 14 and 15 yrs old.

In 1989 I began my freshman year of high school and had just finished my rookie year of drum corps. The younger of those two brothers (E.R.) was a senior at my high school and had long given up drumming. I geeked out one day and approached him and tried to talk to him about it. He politely acknowledged his time in the Bluecoats' snare line but said that was a long time ago. And that was that. Never to be brought up again. Didn't stop me from looking at him with wide-eyed amazement every time I saw him in the halls, though.