2013 Rankings

A lot could shake up after this weekend. Interesting to see if CT can hang with Govies in scoring...looks like Sabers are in fire!

Wow... that is almost a compliment from you about CT.

Will wonders never cease. :tongue:

well you were there. i stated that this was my instinct. i could be wrong but we'll see john. lot's of very talented people are coming back for a final push. just sayin............

I'm just happy that there are more than one or two corps really making a legitimate run at the top corps. I don't see ES, C2 or Cabs passing MBI and Bucs this year, but for the first time in a long while those corps are playing in MBI and Bucs' playground. I think there's going to be at least one surprise in the order of the top corps, if not more come Annapolis.

And while we're on the contender topic, I'm still thinking about how impressive the White Sabers were. I certainly can't speak for anyone else, but I know I wouldn't have thought about them as a contender for Class A before the season started.

I'm just happy that there are more than one or two corps really making a legitimate run at the top corps. I don't see ES, C2 or Cabs passing MBI and Bucs this year, but for the first time in a long while those corps are playing in MBI and Bucs' playground. I think there's going to be at least one surprise in the order of the top corps, if not more come Annapolis.

And while we're on the contender topic, I'm still thinking about how impressive the White Sabers were. I certainly can't speak for anyone else, but I know I wouldn't have thought about them as a contender for Class A before the season started.

From what I've heard, the White Sabers staff is pretty young but quite talented, with most of the design team back from last year. I also heard that they got a new drill designer this year, the guy who used to write for Fusion back when they were in Class A and won. If you look at the recaps from last year, visual programing was an issue for them, so this seems to have made a difference.

Edited by nctarheel
  • Like 1

From what I've heard, the White Sabers staff is pretty young but quite talented, with most of the design team back from last year. I also heard that they got a new drill designer this year, the guy who used to write for Fusion back when they were in Class A and won. If you look at the recaps from last year, visual programing was an issue for them, so this seems to have made a difference.

The key down the stretch for them is to finish strong and not peak, while staying ahead of the competition. We're going to find out if they are up to the task.

The key down the stretch for them is to finish strong and not peak, while staying ahead of the competition. We're going to find out if they are up to the task.

The Sabers indeed are in great shape right now. Can't wait to see 'em in Scranton.

That Class A field... wide open. White Sabers, Govenaires, the two Florida corps, Windsor Regiment, Cincy Tradition, the German corps, and so forth.

Yes....we really enjoyed White Sabers on Saturday...very nice show! Regarding C2, coming out there between MBI and Bucs, they looked like a bunch of high school kids thrown into the ring with the 'adults.' Cool to see that the C2 battery has the chops and aggression to hang with the older guys!

• Like 1

Yes....we really enjoyed White Sabers on Saturday...very nice show! Regarding C2, coming out there between MBI and Bucs, they looked like a bunch of high school kids thrown into the ring with the 'adults.' Cool to see that the C2 battery has the chops and aggression to hang with the older guys!

C2 is MUCH better than last season at this point in those terms. I understand where you're coming from but had you seen them last year.... BIG difference, even though there's stuff they do need to do.

Their percussion carried the corps on its back up till finals weekend last season, they've been a strong backbone for the unit. No surprises there.

C2 is MUCH better than last season at this point in those terms. I understand where you're coming from but had you seen them last year.... BIG difference, even though there's stuff they do need to do.

Their percussion carried the corps on its back up till finals weekend last season, they've been a strong backbone for the unit. No surprises there.

I did see them last year (my son is next to center snare there), and the DCI ringers they brought in for Annapolis fleshed out their brass sound. I agree that they are further along this year, and have more overall talent than last year. However, when I showed my son the Downingtown video I took, we both cringed at the last 2 minutes of the show....so much room to get the feet cleaned and the brass need to eat some more Wheaties to deal with the drill demands. But, I respect what they are doing out there, and they are a great addition to DCA for sure.

Oh yeah, there's a lot to do and a lot of difficult rehearsals ahead. Read my review. Experienced folks know it- I just prefer to have more of an angle over what's right than everything that's wrong. I'm not judging it, performing or teaching it, or I would be more angled that way. A lot more. I'll let everyone else worry. I figure they'll work hard and get it done. :satisfied:

• Like 1

Not trying to steal the thread, but gotta say how cool it was to share the field with Gold yesterday. Gets kind of lonely being the only All Age corps represented in the Dome. I hope Gold had as good an experience as we did. Safe travels back home Gold and we'll see you in a couple of weeks in Douglasville!

Dan

Thanks! Marching in the Dome was quite an experience!

• Like 1