2013 Rankings

Florida Sun. Jeff Ream said in his posting that he wasn't questioning you to "be a dick" but judging from the tone of his post, it certainly appears to me that he is sounding like a "dick". I suspect that you have been involved in the activity a lot longer than Jeff Ream and that may qualify you to make a call as you see it by checking out a video. Maybe he is afraid that CVs will take the place of whatever corps he is attached to!

• Like 1

Florida Sun. Jeff Ream said in his posting that he wasn't questioning you to "be a dick" but judging from the tone of his post, it certainly appears to me that he is sounding like a "dick". I suspect that you have been involved in the activity a lot longer than Jeff Ream and that may qualify you to make a call as you see it by checking out a video. Maybe he is afraid that CVs will take the place of whatever corps he is attached to!

hardly being a dick, as I am usually a huge fan of CV. Now assumptions are like ########, and you do assume a lot in your critique of my post, but I'm not going to call you an ######## regardless.

I asked a serious question. I saw 3 of the top corps in DCA the night before, plus I have viewed Empire and Cabs online. I was asking to see why they thought CV's drill was better than those corps, and possiblygive some examples.

I didn't ask it to be a dick, nor to bash CV. In fact, if you read up, you'll see Johnz responded to my post, and I gave the corps some love in my response to him. But hey, if that's being a "dick" to you, keep on assuming. You know what they say about those that assume

:ph34r:/> :music:/>

• Like 3

Hey Don you remmber the corps from Japan ,they never completed in a DCA show till preliums and where did they end up 4th 0r 5th in Finals .So anything is possible

• Like 1

Actually, those three wholes are filled. We had a bad case of Montezuma's revenge go through the corps last week! They couldn't get out of the bathroom long enough to do the show!

We are actually carrying three "extras" that are rehearsing and traveling with us, getting the extra experience needed to march with us next year hopefully.

Dan

doh.gif...you guys let Big Ken cook lunch again, didn't you?....

the fact I was able to pick out and follow those three spots through pretty much the whole show tells me a lot about how far the program has come....don't let them be 'satisfied' until the end of the night at Annapolis.

Hey Don you remmber the corps from Japan ,they never completed in a DCA show till preliums and where did they end up 4th 0r 5th in Finals .So anything is possible

Inspires were 7th.

Kidsgrove Scouts the Two years they came out were 6th and 7th respectivly.

the trouble is they don't compete enough to knock any of them out. you have to compete on a regular basis.

This is all too familure territory for the folks at CV.

They go up to the NE early and score Head to Head with the big corps and hold thier own. This year they tied C2.

They come back before DCI judges and get a LOWER score than what they came back home with.

Its happened in years past too. Then they spend the rest of the season working their way out of a hole. Usually wind up rolling into Prelims slotted in the 8-10 SLOT.

Nothing new.

Inspires were 7th.

Kidsgrove Scouts the Two years they came out were 6th and 7th respectivly.

Inspires were 5th in 2002 and 7th in 2004

:-)

• Like 2

Ajfisko i thought i was right on Inspires I know they copyed them selves after the Cabs and beat them in finals that year.But to many people on here jump down your throat if you disagree or have a mind of your own .So i let it ride Thanks for the correct info. on that . If i recall they where 9th in preliums and jumped to 5th in finals

Edited by Florida Sun

FWIW I don't think you can say it is 'better' but I think it is definitely/finally 'comparable'. They have a great program this year, and IMO, if they eliminate all of the individual lapses in concentration visually and musically...plus get those three holes filled, I think they have a shot.

I'd love to visit their next several camps. they know how to make use of their 'noncompetitive' time.

We are making adjustments to the ballad, and adding about 200 counts of visuals this coming weekend. The corps is working between camps, and some even came to the field on an OFF weekend to work on drill on their own. We have a motivated staff that will step on our necks if we take our foot off the gas before the season ends. I love drum corps! We will take care of our business, and let the rest fall into place by itself. Atlanta CV is becoming a family this year like I haven't seen in the past..... Peace and love to all our hard working competition. Hopefully the fans WIN!!!

• Like 1

yeah i remember. i wish i hadn't made that post................doh.gif

• Like 1