Mesa, Arizona

I surprisingly did not see a thread for this show! First show of the season and I am pretty excited (even if I can't be there... sadly).

The Corps performing are...

Carolina Crown

Blue Knights

The Academy

Pacific Crest

Only four corps, but it still should be an entertaining night! :thumbup:/>

(is there anyone in Arizona going to be at the show to give us some updates?? :thumbup:/> )

Edit** The show is on Wednesday June 19th... I honestly didn't think there would have been a lot of confusion, but never the less I am sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Hook'emCavies

I surprisingly did not see a thread for this show! First show of the season and I am pretty excited (even if I can't be there... sadly).

The Corps performing are...

Carolina Crown

Blue Knights

The Academy

Pacific Crest

Only four corps, but it still should be an entertaining night! :thumbup:/>

Show begins at 7:45 Mountain Time. Us folk in the Eastern Time Zone may actually appreciate that it will end by 11 our time.

• Like 2

Meh. There's only four groups and none of them will be slotted close together (at least right away). Not very exciting.

But you sir, by dismissing them, just slotted all four of them.

I would suspect we will see a competitive duel between Academy and Pacific Crest at least. [Ever notice here on DCP how these corps are rarely mentioned?]

Meh. There's only four groups and none of them will be slotted close together (at least right away). Not very exciting.

To each his own, but I like to support every corps on the field even if it doesn't appear to be be very exciting.

Just remember that every corps is working very hard right now and will keep working hard all the way until finals week. I hope these corps surprise you this season. :smile:

• Like 4

I would suspect we will see a competitive duel between Academy and Pacific Crest at least. [Ever notice here on DCP how these corps are rarely mentioned?]

I completely agree... sadly... These are two wonderful corps that I have a lot of respect for.

You're right. For some reason, I thought Academy finished much higher than PC last year. My bad.

Sorry if my post came off as dismissive. I just don't see much changing between 3 of the 4 groups.

I'll be happy if proven wrong.

The first show of the season is always exciting to me. I hope we get some live commentators who can give us reactions to the performances. Even if the competition isn't close between some of the corps, the size of the gaps may be interesting.

Early in the season, I'm more interested in finding out about what each corps is doing on the field than in the actual competition.

It will interesting to see how the judges score Crown from Mesa compared to Clovis ... where they meet (and will be compared to) BD and SCV ... too low a score at Mesa might be hard to explain if they jump significantly at Clovis (and vice versa) ... looking forward to 30+ head to heads with BD this season!

By the way, in head to head when did Crown beat BD last?

Edited by ashevillemurphy