Boston 2013

Ghost say hi to yellow bird.

That's going to be hard since we're in ET and BB is in MT and the bike doesn't skype! Hope to have you Craiga, BRASSO, TimK, Liahona, etc. stop by and say Hi. Black BAC golf shirt and white "Waldo" ball cap. Only lugged so much corps stuff East.

I LOVE the gray and black color scheme. I know the Boston identity is rooted in black and red, but the gray and black is spectacular. I do wish, however, that the cut of the jacket was a bit different. I would have loved to see them with gauntlets, and perhaps the cut of the jacket a bit higher on the torso. Regardless, I dig 'em.

Also, the guard uniforms are incredible. I kind of like that they're not all the same.

Whenever I see kids in black and dark grey, I always want to say, "My condolences and I am sorry for your loss. Had he been sick long?"

• Like 2

Whenever I see kids in black and dark grey, I always want to say, "My condolences and I am sorry for your loss. Had he been sick long?"

nm

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Go back to page one and read post #28. The explanation should put your mind at ease. Plus, the last sentence will give you hope. Wouldn't be surprised if the CG outfits evolve during the Summer.

Yep, I read that post. I just feel that it could have used some very minor modern tweaks.

While I understand (and somewhat agree) with your sentiment, I would have worded this differently as some might find it abrasive. What you see as funereal overtones (against what the new generation sees as wonderful...as in so many modern movies where the characters wear black) I think is more cultural. But if you go to the corps website and post 28 of this thread, you see that this depressive, deadly sense is exactly what the designers want you to feel so that when the corps RISES to the red, you feel the visual change. Further, the corps cites the history of the Crusaders' greys as honoring their original wearers the West Point Cadets, similar to what Garfield wears. Who but a corps of GIANTS could give better tribute to the many from West Point who have been buried after they died in sacrifice for our nation? While I too prefer colors on our youth rather than the drab, doeful duds some wear, here it fits:

The grey jackets that the corps are wearing this season are inspired by the West Point Cadet uniforms that then Senator John F. Kennedy helped the corps acquire in 1959. As the Crusaders evolved from the Most Precious Blood Crusaders into the Hyde Park Crusaders and then into the Boston Crusaders, with those changes came uniform and management changes. Following two years of performing in red and black, in 1959, the newly christened Boston Crusaders found themselves without uniforms for the season. John F. Kennedy stepped in and helped the corps purchase West Point uniforms directly from the United States Military Academy for the rumored price of $1 each. The corps wore various versions of this uniform that season until the standard red and black was reintroduced in 1960.

"We wanted to find a way to reflect the specific mood of this year's show while maintaining a connection to the history of the corps," said Program Coordinator Eric Kitchenman. "The Crusaders uniform is so iconic, we're fortunate to have this small, authentic piece of history that we can tap into to make this season and this show even more meaningful."

Edited by normy diploome

[double post]

Edited by normy diploome

So... The 3rd truck houses a beautiful home theatre setup, including wet bar and keg-erator. Nice! :-)

Why not?. Last year the kids got lobster in Lawrence and steak in Indy, so this is a natural progression. If it's staff only, that works too. Think about it. You're with over 150 kids between theages of 16-21 all summer, teaching, acting like a surrogate parent, and doing all kinds of things that are not in the job description. They deserve it.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

While I understand (and somewhat agree) with your sentiment, I would have worded this differently as some might find it abrasive. What you see as funereal overtones (against what the new generation sees as wonderful...as in so many modern movies where the characters wear black) I think is more cultural. But if you go to the corps website and post 28 of this thread, you see that this depressive, deadly sense is exactly what the designers want you to feel so that when the corps RISES to the red, you feel the visual change. Further, the corps cites the history of the Crusaders' greys as honoring their original wearers the West Point Cadets, similar to what Garfield wears. Who but a corps of GIANTS could give better tribute to the many from West Point who have been buried after they died in sacrifice for our nation? While I too prefer colors on our youth rather than the drab, doeful duds some wear, here it fits:

The grey jackets that the corps are wearing this season are inspired by the West Point Cadet uniforms that then Senator John F. Kennedy helped the corps acquire in 1959. As the Crusaders evolved from the Most Precious Blood Crusaders into the Hyde Park Crusaders and then into the Boston Crusaders, with those changes came uniform and management changes. Following two years of performing in red and black, in 1959, the newly christened Boston Crusaders found themselves without uniforms for the season. John F. Kennedy stepped in and helped the corps purchase West Point uniforms directly from the United States Military Academy for the rumored price of $1 each. The corps wore various versions of this uniform that season until the standard red and black was reintroduced in 1960.

"We wanted to find a way to reflect the specific mood of this year's show while maintaining a connection to the history of the corps," said Program Coordinator Eric Kitchenman. "The Crusaders uniform is so iconic, we're fortunate to have this small, authentic piece of history that we can tap into to make this season and this show even more meaningful."

Well put. Your a smart man. IMO Boston is about everything good in drum corps and it's history. As stated above. The program is getting the reaction that the designer wanted. (diversities, evolve etc). Thanks have a great day.

Edited by emc2
  • Like 1

Now it's out in the open..the third trailer carries a boat.

<snorts>

LOL!

<snorts>

LOL!

Happy 75 birthday to madison. Great history, people and drum corps.

• Like 1