Stanford Showdown

This post make me lol. Please show me posts where I've said any of the bolded text.

Not sure why you sent this to me at all.

You were actually the first poster to raise the whole booing thing: "Anyway not gonna freak out. In fact the only thing that freaked me out tonight was hearing those boos from the West Coast fans ! Didn't expect that -- at all."

Then: "Maybe fans are slightly more knowledgeable than you give them credit for. Maybe they're perceiving -- not subtle differences (because those differences would not motivate people to react strongly) -- but larger, significant differences in excellence and think the panel just plain got it wrong. Crowds can see when things (and performers) hit the ground, things don't go around together, performers struggling to make their dots, forms which hit late or not at all, props which don't move together at all. Granted there's more to the sheets than those things -- but those things ARE on the sheets. And they're pretty fundamental. You don't get credit for sophisticated design if you can't execute it do you?

Both corps are very dirty -- but was there an unmistakable difference in degree?

I'm with you, Plan -- booing is graceless. But your past explanations fall a little short in the face of last night."

Then: "So don't lump me in with the barbaric hoard in Stanford (who -- in all your previous posts -- were discerning, sophisticated drum corps fans) . I saw the shows over the intertubes from 1000's of miles away."

Then: "So THAT'S what those 20 black busses with the tinted-out windows were? Crown hired a mob to attend the West Coast shows JUST to perpetuate the rumor that fans like Crown."

I responded to you and other posters because you and others were making the significant leap that a small minority of people in the stands booing Crown's second place was the general audience. Your comments above clearly infer that. Heck .. you actually started this particular (and this time I'll use quotes properly) "only thing that freaked me out was hearing those boos from the West Coast fans" dialogue on this topic chain. Simply put -- from my vantage point, it was limited, and a combination of younger kids who should know better and some scattered folks wearing Crown garb. Saw what I saw and heard what I heard. Anyways -- I'm sure you'll just say you didn't say anything verbatim that I mentioned in my email. I'll let everyone else (probably no one cares anymore) judge the spirit of your comments.

Like others, I let my initial reaction to BD flow into some harsh critique last night. Apparently, I can't access last night's feed on FN anymore, but I watched a rehearsal run from Friday, I believe. After another couple viewings, I grasp the intent, but like any show in June, it needs its tweaks. As I believe I've already stated, the performers are doing some incredible things. There are some moments that I really dig, and others that I might like as clarity improves with cleaning. I can't say I like the show as a whole yet, but I think seeing it live in ATL will be the best opportunity for that to change. With all that being said, I still believe Crown has the better total package, and I believe they'll be the corps to beat if they can clean it. I'm just excited for the dogfight.

Personally I hope Crown does win tonight because if BD does win they won't be stopped from now on. (historically speaking)

I do welcome a back and forth struggle. Personally I am really hoping for SCV and BK to really surge up.

• Like 1

Watching Stanford for the 3rd time now. Sorry about the politic stuff.

Amazing stuff by EVERYONE! Wow!!!

Darn -- I have the premium/BluRay Fan Network subscription, and I cannot find the Stanford show anywhere. When I click OnDemand 13, nothing shows up. :(

actually to be more specific, John Meehan (BD brass staff) taught SCV, his brother Tim was in the hornline

In addition, Jack Meehan was the brass instructor at SCV when Wayne Downey played soprano for them.

Like others, I let my initial reaction to BD flow into some harsh critique last night. Apparently, I can't access last night's feed on FN anymore, but I watched a rehearsal run from Friday, I believe. After another couple viewings, I grasp the intent, but like any show in June, it needs its tweaks. As I believe I've already stated, the performers are doing some incredible things. There are some moments that I really dig, and others that I might like as clarity improves with cleaning. I can't say I like the show as a whole yet, but I think seeing it live in ATL will be the best opportunity for that to change. With all that being said, I still believe Crown has the better total package, and I believe they'll be the corps to beat if they can clean it. I'm just excited for the dogfight.

No you can access it. I totally freaked out last night and thought I had been had. click on the live feed tab. then to the right just above it there is a little house icon. click on that again and it will show the feed. Thankfully some people on here (MOZ) set me straight.

If you can't figure it out PM me and I will help you. trust me I totally freaked out last night. it does work.

Did you see all of the bright yellow signs at Buchanan telling people not to go in while a corps was performing.

The Buchanan show is very well done, except for the fact that they tried to have assigned seating, but that didn't last. People eventually just sat wherever they wanted.

They kept people from walking in during the shows at Stanford, but they couldn't really stop people from walking around during shows, or the concession people. Those folks were really annoying trying to sell peanuts and popcorn mid-shows.

Anyway, back to drum corps ...

Thank you.

And my apologies, folks, for pushing that guy's buttons.

Sheesh.