Stanford Showdown

In addition, Jack Meehan was the brass instructor at SCV when Wayne Downey played soprano for them.

I saw Wayne do his I&E at State Champs in 71 at santa Clara. The only reason I remember is I had an uncle named Wayne and it registered in my 9 year old brain.

As a current 16 year Naval Special Forces Operator, if you only knew half the things i am asked to do for my Country, you would have a different outlook on the word brave.

Thank you for your service to this country, although it gives some asshats the ability to say whatever stupid thing they want anonymously on the internet.

Mods may want to consider just merging this thread with the Sacramento one.

Odds are this ####### match will be continued there.

Edited by chaddyt

No you can access it. I totally freaked out last night and thought I had been had. click on the live feed tab. then to the right just above it there is a little house icon. click on that again and it will show the feed. Thankfully some people on here (MOZ) set me straight.

If you can't figure it out PM me and I will help you. trust me I totally freaked out last night. it does work.

Hallelujah! Thanks! dci.org needs to look at their UI a bit...

In addition, Jack Meehan was the brass instructor at SCV when Wayne Downey played soprano for them.

I had forgotten that Wayne Downey had marched with SCV. That's another big name for BD that came through Santa Clara. Guess Santa Clara is partially responsible for BD's success by providing them with instructors and designers.

Thank you for your service to this country, although it gives some asshats the ability to say whatever stupid thing they want anonymously on the internet.

Your welcome Sir.

Hallelujah! Thanks! dci.org needs to look at their UI a bit...

right on! I'm glad you got it ironed out.

I know I freaked out and panicked. I have a son and two guests who wanted to see their open class show.

Just watched video of the Blue Devils show. No offense to the kids, but that is single handedly the worst designed drum corps show I have ever seen in my life. I have zero desire to see this the rest of the season, and while I used to consider Downey to be a genius, I think he needs to have his meds checked. There is NOTHING likable about that show. I'm sorry, but that was pathetic. Just my honest opinion. This insanity needs to stop. I'm tired of having to see a show four or five times to try and figure it out. Just f'ing make an attempt to entertain me! If I wanted art, I'd go to a #### museum. If this is what I'm going to get out of drum corps, I'll find other places to spend my money.

• Like 2

1371955856[/url]' post='3271459']

Obviously it comes off that way, but my question is sincere. What is being accomplished with BDC? Do people in BDC ever move up into world class corps? The design was worse than most high school marching bands I've seen. It just seems like if you aren't talented enough to do something more than that, then maybe your energy and money is better spent doing something you are more talented at. I just don't see what being in a corps like that would teach you in terms of being a better marching musician.