Stanford Showdown

Darn -- I have the premium/BluRay Fan Network subscription, and I cannot find the Stanford show anywhere. When I click OnDemand 13, nothing shows up. :(

It's there; I had the same problem, until MOZ posted on the FN Thread:

Click on "Live Webcast" tab (on the right hand side between Video and Downloads) then if it starts with "Live Webcast DCI West $19.95 Learn more" click on the Home icon in the top right hand corner of that tab and you should then get the live webcast options

Are you seriously like this all the time? BDC is for YOUNG kids that want to get an early start in their drum corps career. Most, that want to continue, advance to BDB then onto A corps. Can you comprehend that at all?? Shame on you for making fun of kids that are interested in music at a young age!

1372043048[/url]' post='3272570']

Are you seriously like this all the time? BDC is for YOUNG kids that want to get an early start in their drum corps career. Most, that want to continue, advance to BDB then onto A corps. Can you comprehend that at all?? Shame on you for making fun of kids that are interested in music at a young age!

This reply was for genius jasgre2000.

Ok, I have removed a lot of posts. Enough of the political stuff.

Also, if there is such an issue, please just hit the report button rather than quoting/replying and multiplying the issue. Keeping an eye on this for now.

Just watched video of the Blue Devils show. No offense to the kids, but that is single handedly the worst designed drum corps show I have ever seen in my life. I have zero desire to see this the rest of the season, and while I used to consider Downey to be a genius, I think he needs to have his meds checked. There is NOTHING likable about that show. I'm sorry, but that was pathetic. Just my honest opinion. This insanity needs to stop. I'm tired of having to see a show four or five times to try and figure it out. Just f'ing make an attempt to entertain me! If I wanted art, I'd go to a #### museum. If this is what I'm going to get out of drum corps, I'll find other places to spend my money.

OK we get it you are a Latent Appliance 12 tone fetishist. shhhhhh! (it's all on the DL) I promise I won't tell.

No, I just want to be entertained, and I'd like the designers to make a decent attempt at trying to entertain. I'd like to get the impression that they give a crap about the audience... just don't see it.

OK we get it you are a Latent Appliance 12 tone fetishist. shhhhhh! (it's all on the DL) I promise I won't tell.

• Like 2

I responded to you and other posters because you and others were making the significant leap that a small minority of people in the stands booing Crown's second place was the general audience. Your comments above clearly infer that. Heck .. you actually started this particular (and this time I'll use quotes properly) "only thing that freaked me out was hearing those boos from the West Coast fans" dialogue on this topic chain. Simply put -- from my vantage point, it was limited, and a combination of younger kids who should know better and some scattered folks wearing Crown garb. Saw what I saw and heard what I heard. Anyways -- I'm sure you'll just say you didn't say anything verbatim that I mentioned in my email. I'll let everyone else (probably no one cares anymore) judge the spirit of your comments.

So you attributed a bunch of statements to me that I never made. Pretty much what I said.

In fact you made that "significant leap" -- I never did.

I posted my honest reaction to the show -- the booing did indeed surprise me. My expectation was to hear loud applause from the West Coast crowd approving the re-alignment of universe.

Plan9 has made long and detailed explanations in the past (which he's since amended I might add :-) about the West Coast crowds *never* booing anyone.

I find it amusing that the knee-jerk reaction of some BD homers is to point the finger at Crown (thus all the tin foil hat posts).

So....I hope to see the black busses rolling into Allentown and Indy this year!

So you attributed a bunch of statements to me that I never made. Pretty much what I said.

In fact you made that "significant leap" -- I never did.

I posted my honest reaction to the show -- the booing did indeed surprise me. My expectation was to hear loud applause from the West Coast crowd approving the re-alignment of universe.

Plan9 has made long and detailed explanations in the past (which he's since amended I might add :-) about the West Coast crowds *never* booing anyone.

I find it amusing that the knee-jerk reaction of some BD homers is to point the finger at Crown (thus all the tin foil hat posts).

So....I hope to see the black busses rolling into Allentown and Indy this year!

I guess we agree then. Small minority had such a negative vocal reaction to the scores. Apologies for misunderstanding the issue you raised in the first place :)

No finger pointing -- I already said what I thought about Carolina Crown (the actual folks on the field). Amazing corps and a great show that can definitely win this year.

Right now the only problem I have with Crown is that they didn't do a mass horn/drum thing with the red/blue cousins. :(

Thanks for coming though. Come back soon!