Stanford Showdown

I have yet to encounter a single post on DCP... ever... that took a verbal swipe at a MM in competition, or booed him or her. I think we should be able to set aside once and for all, and permanently, that any criticism on here on a Corps show, any Corps show is NOT directed at any MM. We should all be able to understand that none of these MM's in any of these Corps had a single input into the theme, choice of music, arrangements, visuals, unis, etc As such, they bare no responsibility for the criticism of things beyond their control. Now, having said all this, there is the acknowledgement that prospective BD campers must have had in the offseason that BD of late has not been putting out what one might call " fan friendly " shows. This is no revelation to anyone, including those prospective MM's that tried out for BD in the offseason. So we should all be able to agree that BD's show this year is no shock to anyone at all that follows the activity, but the show's criticism still falls squarely on the shoulders of the adults, not any BD MM.

Which is all perfectly logical until you run square into the design of CC....uh oh! What were they thinking? Oh, I see, there's BD avante gard and there's CC avante gard....sort of like the good Cholesterol and bad Cholesterol.

• Like 1

This booing crap is childish, immature, pathetic, and low class. If you cannot be civil and respect these brave young men and women then I suggest you stay home and boo from there. Nobody has time for your nonsense. What those people did was tasteless. It was amateur hour and I feel bad for them. I just hope that they do not have a child that is in DCI.

We boo the judges, not the kids. This is a sport -- not a 6th grade band event that we all need to clap to boost the confidence of the "kids". And yes, I marched. Low class is throwing stuff on the field. A simple "boo" is the most polite way to do it.

Too bad my Bluecoats weren't there...would have provided great cover :)

• Like 3

Which is all perfectly logical until you run square into the design of CC....uh oh! What were they thinking? Oh, I see, there's BD avante gard and there's CC avante gard....sort of like the good Cholesterol and bad Cholesterol.

Well, the back and forth between BD honks and Crown honks is a separate battle altogether. :starwars:

• Like 1

This booing crap is childish, immature, pathetic, and low class. If you cannot be civil and respect these brave young men and women then I suggest you stay home and boo from there. Nobody has time for your nonsense. What those people did was tasteless. It was amateur hour and I feel bad for them. I just hope that they do not have a child that is in DCI.

I totally agree!

• Like 2

We boo the judges, not the kids. This is a sport -- not a 6th grade band event that we all need to clap to boost the confidence of the "kids". And yes, I marched. Low class is throwing stuff on the field. A simple "boo" is the most polite way to do it.

Too bad my Bluecoats weren't there...would have provided great cover :)

You think everyone knows you're booing the judges? WOW.

• Like 1

I love the rationale of "We are booing the judges, not the kids" as if that somehow makes it not disrespectful.

"Hey I'm not booing you! I'm booing the fact that the judges don't agree with me that your product and/or performance is inferior and undeserving of the score you earned!" If you think any of the performers wouldn't be offended if you told them you were not booing them as people, but were instead booing the fact that you didn't think they deserved what they worked their ##### for then you are even more delusional than anyone would have imagined.

And everyone keeps ignoring the poster that was actually there that said the booing was from a collective of Crown affiliated kids and adults so that they can perpetuate the "Everyone in the stadium hated BD and loved Crown! The judges are blind and/or deaf!" crap that you all keep bringing up. What someone likes isn't the same as what is good anyway...but I have tried to point that out to people on these boards before and no one seems to get it (or they ignore it because it breaks down their arguments). Anyways, get back to your crying I guess!

• Like 2

I love going to bed and there was only like 30-31 pages to this thread. Waking up only to find it shot up to 57 is kinda funny. This really was a showdown last night!

Stanford was a great show IMO. It gave us a chance to see how BD would respond to being in 2nd, and how Crown would come out and try to out do what they did the previous night.

Plus we got to see some really great Drum Corps out of SVC! Talk about an engaging show! Now this is a corps im drooling over to see where they will go. Last night I turned to my friend and when Vanguard was over I said "That's it?! That felt short to me I want more!" thumbup.gif

• Like 1

I love the rationale of "We are booing the judges, not the kids" as if that somehow makes it not disrespectful.

"Hey I'm not booing you! I'm booing the fact that the judges don't agree with me that your product and/or performance is inferior and undeserving of the score you earned!" If you think any of the performers wouldn't be offended if you told them you were not booing them as people, but were instead booing the fact that you didn't think they deserved what they worked their ##### for then you are even more delusional than anyone would have imagined.

And everyone keeps ignoring the poster that was actually there that said the booing was from a collective of Crown affiliated kids and adults so that they can perpetuate the "Everyone in the stadium hated BD and loved Crown! The judges are blind and/or deaf!" crap that you all keep bringing up. What someone likes isn't the same as what is good anyway...but I have tried to point that out to people on these boards before and no one seems to get it (or they ignore it because it breaks down their arguments). Anyways, get back to your crying I guess!

This, This, and this- x 1,000

Perfect

• Like 2