Walnut Whiskey, Wine, and Wasabi

Best news for Crown has to be the wins in Vis Effect, Vis Analysis and Guard. Those are the captions BD has pretty well owned the last few years. The percussion scores are closer than I expected to see.

Crown's battery is young but very talented. I think we'll see dramatic growth in that line all season.

• Like 2

Very, very interesting. Congratulations Crown! I am a little surprised though about how some things turned out. First, Crown was ahead of the Blue Devils on Percussion Achievement. I wasn't there but that is a little surprising as BD has always drummed better than Crown-- I guess things have changed.

Second, I am very curious as to how Carolina Crown's guard beat The Blue Devils. I am a guard person and, I have always thought that BD just had amazing dancers and that they had stronger weapon technique. I base this odd of watching the heights of some of those Crown tosses from last week. The BD tosses tended to be way more readable. But last week was last week. I still can't fathom how Crown beefed up the guard book to earn higher in substance.

I wonder what happened those five days of break for BD. It seems like Crown was able to gain momentum with only 3 or 4. Hope to see this flopping ALL season.

• Like 1

The percussion scores are closer than I expected to see.

Once again, most likely because Jay Kennedy is judging. I don't know how it always seems to happen, but the guy inflates scores like crazy with very small spreads.

One week ago BD had a 15.2, Crown 14.8, PC 12.3 and Mandarins 11.6 - total spread of 3.6. Tonight: 17.0, 16.9, 16.1, 15.5, total spread of 1.5? Really? BD is only .9 and 1.5 better than PC and the Mandarins? The Mandarins and PC have increased 3+ points in one week, and already surpassed their finals week scores from the past three seasons?

Congrats Crown! I wouldn't be surprised if anyone beats them from here on out. This show is going to go down in the record books.

Very, very interesting. Congratulations Crown! I am a little surprised though about how some things turned out. First, Crown was ahead of the Blue Devils on Percussion Achievement. I wasn't there but that is a little surprising as BD has always drummed better than Crown-- I guess things have changed.

Second, I am very curious as to how Carolina Crown's guard beat The Blue Devils. I am a guard person and, I have always thought that BD just had amazing dancers and that they had stronger weapon technique. I base this odd of watching the heights of some of those Crown tosses from last week. The BD tosses tended to be way more readable. But last week was last week. I still can't fathom how Crown beefed up the guard book to earn higher in substance.

I wonder what happened those five days of break for BD. It seems like Crown was able to gain momentum with only 3 or 4. Hope to see this flopping ALL season.

huh.gif

tic.gif

rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif

colgate.gif

• Like 3

Photos I took at the show:

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.allan.31/posts/10200705759981083

I enjoyed the entirety of world class tonight, but I don't think I'll ever forget Crown's first impact; they basically peeled my face right off!

• Like 1

I am in guard as well and have been for almost 2 decades each coast has there own technique west coast is very much rifle based and east coast is very much sabre based. To say BD has better weapon technique is an opinion, Crown just like Phantom, the Cadets, Cavaliers and even Boston are very Much Sabre based corps in having great sabre technique. Yes BD has amazing dancers, so do other corps looking at both shows crown is showing a higher range in what is written for there members. Also looking at one of the biggest pieces of equipment that everyone forgets (Flag) Crown is showing a more difficult flag book than a lot of corps have been. Musicality reflects highly on whats written. I give mad props to both guards they are at the top of there game. Edited by Flguardman
  • Like 3

Let me guess. You marched blue devils. 😈

• Like 5