Warrensburg, MO TOC Smackdown!

I'm sorry if this sounds snippy, but isn't this TOC Cup just another trophy awarded to the corps who's eventually going to win DCI anyway?

I mean, while it's theoretically possible for a corps to win the highest cumulative TOC score, yet NOT win DCI, isn't that almost ridiculously unlikely?

I'm not being snarky here. I'd be happy to hear that I'm an idiot here. Again.

If you have a clear cut leader - yes it would be the same

MANY seasons (2011 being the most recent) a corps comes from behind the final weekend prior to Worlds and wins it all... so in that case they would not win both

I'm sorry if this sounds snippy, but isn't this TOC Cup just another trophy awarded to the corps who's eventually going to win DCI anyway?

I mean, while it's theoretically possible for a corps to win the highest cumulative TOC score, yet NOT win DCI, isn't that almost ridiculously unlikely?

Highly unlikely, for sure. You are not wrong.

Highly unlikely, for sure. You are not wrong.

2011 the Cadets wouldn't have won the cup but won worlds. So not that unlikely really. Same thing with 2008 & Regiment...or 2005 and Cadets.

happy.gif

Crown - 85.10 (GE Vis & Music/Guard)

Blue Devils - 84.85

Cadets - 83.30 (Brass)

Vanguard - 83.25 (Percussion)

Phantom - 81.75

Bluecoats - 80.45

Cavaliers - 79.00

I would be very surprised if Cadets were almost 2 points out of the top.

What the heck...

Carolina Crown - 84.9

The Cadets - 84.6

Blue Devils - 84.25

Santa Clara Vanguard - 82.7

Phantom Regiment - 81.2

Bluecoats - 80.9

Cavaliers - 79.25

Brass - Carolina Crown

Guard - Carolina Crown

Percussion - The Cadets

This might be more of my prediction for Saturday where the performance order is normal as far as placements go, scores will of course be higher in Minnesota. I think some scores will drop or stagnate at this since the competition is more equal across the board, or go up in some cases. This has got to be one of the strongest top 3s ever.

• Like 2

They just announced on DCI that this will be broadcast on Fan Network, so that will be great to watch. We can all watch it happen live for the first time this season! :thumbup:

They just announced on DCI that this will be broadcast on Fan Network, so that will be great to watch. We can all watch it happen live for the first time this season! :thumbup:/>

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I'd be shocked if SCV is within 3 points of Cadets / but I guess we don't really know at this stage...

I wouldn't. I LOVE The Cadets, and I feel like this show has potential.... but currently their GE (Both vis and music) is lacking immensely compared to BD, Crown and SCV. We can't compare the scores at the moment, but I feel when they're pit against those three their GE scores may be even lower than they are now - or crown/bd/scv will have huge jumps to compensate. However, their whole corps is on crazy wildfire as far as amazingness goes. I just see the current design of their show being a bit of a thorn in their side right now.

I wouldn't. I LOVE The Cadets, and I feel like this show has potential.... but currently their GE (Both vis and music) is lacking immensely compared to BD, Crown and SCV. We can't compare the scores at the moment, but I feel when they're pit against those three their GE scores may be even lower than they are now - or crown/bd/scv will have huge jumps to compensate. However, their whole corps is on crazy wildfire as far as amazingness goes. I just see the current design of their show being a bit of a thorn in their side right now.

I would be very surprised if Cadets didn't win or be extremely tight with the top score in music GE. The show is a musical masterpiece not to mention an outstanding brass AND percussion section performing said music. Visual GE should be competitive and they should do extremely well in the music caption since their are no weaknesses (brass or percussion ) in this corps.

Edited by newjerseycorpguy