Warrensburg, MO TOC Smackdown!

I do find it interesting that Central Missouri State University (Warrensburg, MO) is hosting a TOC event.

One advantage of the location is that it's close to Kansas City, as well as drivable from Des Moines, Omaha, Tulsa, and St Louis. In other words there's a large potential audience. I'm guessing it also came down to who would allow them to come. I hear some other universities in Missouri don't want drum corps shows at their stadiums. CMSU's (actually, it's UCM now) is probably the right size and quality for such an event. The Boylan High School stadium in Rockford they used for TOC the past two years was terrible. Mizzou and Kansas's stadiums are probably too big, as would be Arrowhead for an event like this, I would think.

I don't think DCI will ever make it back to the University of Missouri. I am also aware that the former football coach at the University of Kansas did not want any event held on the field other than football. Though I have been to the CMU stadium many times, I am not aware of how many people it seats on the home side. Does anyone know how many people the stadium seats?

a "prediction" at scores:

Carolina Crown 87.35

Blue Devils 87.25

Cadets 86.65??

Santa Clara 83.25

Phantom Regiment 82.25

Bluecoats 82.00

Cavaliers 81.75

Have Crown taking brass, Devils guard, Cadets narrowly taking drums over SCV

Cadets have full practices days Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday so that should help??

I don't think the gap between the top three will be more than 1.5pts

Total guess on my part. Last night watching Bluecoats vs. Regiment I would have had Coats over Regiment narrowly - but it went the other way to my surprise. Those 2 are a back and forth to say the least

G.

Should be a tight top 3 fight to Indy. Cadets should do well in music caption, rock solid brass and percussion. Interested in GE between the big 3..

I LOVE that Blue Devils go on 2nd!

If it is like last year, they will complain the sun was too high, and they were not judged fairly, and blah blah bah.

Welcome to reality BD.

Oh, and this TOC/G7/G8 thing is soooooo interesting to me. What if these were the only corps still in existence?

I think they would eat each other. Despite the small number, someone would have to be last. Would everyone start to

view the last pace corps as many have viewed Pioneer in recent years? Would most still put winning above entertaining?

Would the general audience never be considered and they then only cater to the deep dedicated modern drum corps fan?

Interesting.

Oh so interesting.

And when did BD do this alleged complaining? I know they was the first or second corps to perform at last years TOC in Rockford July 15th. But considering they won that show by over a point, i don't see why they had to complain about anything.

• Like 4

Cadets undefeated season will end. I could see them in 2nd, but won't be surprised if they're in 3rd. Think things will be pretty tight score-wise in the Top 3 though.

Can't remember... are they still using different sheets for TOC shows???

Well, since no one else wants to be the optimist, I will.

I will say Cadets will win this show, with Crown 2nd and BD 3rd. Cadets taking drums and horns.

• Like 2

I don't think DCI will ever make it back to the University of Missouri. I am also aware that the former football coach at the University of Kansas did not want any event held on the field other than football. Though I have been to the CMU stadium many times, I am not aware of how many people it seats on the home side. Does anyone know how many people the stadium seats?

According to universal source of all knowledge ,the stadium holds 10000 spectators.

medium_NWMSU-crowd.JPG

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Well, since no one else wants to be the optimist, I will.

I will say Cadets will win this show, with Crown 2nd and BD 3rd. Cadets taking drums and horns.

Glad to see you're fired up about the Cadets -- they are exciting. Very much looking forward to Thursday !

Edited by corpsband

Glad to see you're fired up about the Cadets -- they are exciting. Very much looking forward to Thursday !

Dude, I'm just EXTREMELY HAPPY I will be going to finals for the first time in 2 years, and THIS year is exciting!

I'll be there, first live show this season for me