Marvelous Minneapolis Matchup

WTF Academy :blink:/>/>

Academy had an interesting show, however the constant drops of the rifles throughout the entire show, just made a mess of things.

Drum Corps is still a precision activity. If the equipment useage can't be effectively utilized by a Corps in a show, then just don't use those MM's or drop the use of that equipment altogther for your show.

When the guard is out front prominently displayed and dropping rifles all over the place, and the guard out of step all over the place, whatever the rest of the Corps is doing in back is lost to the audience, as the dropped equipment at every inteval ruins the performance for many in the audience.. It just does, regrettably.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

I really LIKE Academy's show! I think it's really fun.....different for them, but fun! And the MC guy is 100% committed (please, no committed jokes..... :rolleyes: ), I think he does a great job. And love love the color guard costumes! :thumbup:

• Like 3

I have no idea why Academy is such a visual mess... but I hope it stops. and why the "narrator"??? OMG that was painful.

I was about to post the same thing...

Y'all need to be nicer. :sad:/>

I love a lot about Academy, and I find it hard to be overly critical, since I never ran a drum corps, I've never designed a show. That being said, I will say they have made a commitment to their theme, and they're sticking with it, no matter what. I think a major re-write is the only thing that can give them a chance at top 12, but I wouldn't have any idea what to suggest to them.

Great job by the kids, I think they are doing their best to "sell" the show, and that's all one can really ask.

• Like 2

Y'all need to be nicer. :sad:/>/>

I love a lot about Academy, and I find it hard to be overly critical, since I never ran a drum corps, I've never designed a show. That being said, I will say they have made a commitment to their theme, and they're sticking with it, no matter what. I think a major re-write is the only thing that can give them a chance at top 12, but I wouldn't have any idea what to suggest to them.

Great job by the kids, I think they are doing their best to "sell" the show, and that's all one can really ask.

Not knocking the performers in ANY way! They're performing what they're given to the best of their ability.

Now about that design team...

• Like 4

I have no idea why Academy is such a visual mess... but I hope it stops. and why the "narrator"??? OMG that was painful.

The narrator is actually pretty fun when you see the show live because he connects with the audience in the stands, but I can see it being really annoying to people watching by stream.

• Like 2

I don't know, but I kinda like the narrator. I've seen the show twice on the Fan Network and it looks like he can go "off script" depending on the crowd.

• Like 1