Marvelous Minneapolis Matchup

Spirit is just plain fun. I especially like the second half of the show from the drum feature on. Yeah there's lots to clean visually in the last minute but the design is there, and there's time. Too many good candidates for top 12 (so what else is new?).

• Like 2

GO BK!!!!!

• Like 1

Not a good year for Spirit. That's too bad.

• Like 2

I bet if I ran on the field during BD's show- I could get on the fan network-

A security guard may catch me- but some people on this site may give me some props.

Lets go BK! Looking forward to this show- never saw it complete in California

• Like 1

Woohoo!! Go BK!!!

• Like 1

Spirit - No doubt they will make finals this year, but they don't really captivate me for the full show. It's exciting in parts, with some terrific brass moments, but I feel like I'm seeing the version 3 of the same show from the past few years, so maybe that's why I can't get as into it. Drill needs to be beefed up a little... seems a little safe. I have a feeling they'll be firmly in 11th all season.

Crossmen - LOVE the show, especially the second half (from the Jackson tune onward). I really wish they had more of Some Nights, because that was excellent. I don't really get much impact from the ending though, and I really think that their ENTIRE visual book comes across as very easy. That could hurt them a bit trying to make a bid for top 12, but this show is firmly on the cusp.

Blue Stars - I enjoy the show quite a bit as well, but they're a lot more dirty than I was expecting. I do enjoy the drill, though. Also, I'm usually a HUGE fan of Mapes & Grom, but I'm not really enjoying how their writing is translating to the field. They tend to write some pretty heavy drum set parts in the pit, and it just doesn't translate well to the field in spots where the full battery may provide a better fill. That, and the way the set is mic'd really just doesn't sound good... it seems to pop a bit too much.

Academy - Just can't get into it. Nothing about this show draws me in, and the visual performance just isn't there. I really feel that it's too cheesy and a bit poorly constructed. Good brass and percussion potential, but I don't think this show will be moving above other corps in their pack (Troop, Crossmen, Colts, Blue Stars, PC, etc.).

Colts - A very pleasant surprise, and I can see why they've been scoring well visually. Brass book needs a bit more power and clarity, but a very classic type of drum corps show. I could see them finishing above the Troopers, and even have the potential to challenge the Crossmen and Blue Stars later in the season.

Troopers - Great musically, could use some cleaning visually. Show seems a bit old school to me, but entertaining nonetheless. Huge crowd response for Troop tonight.

Cascades - This seems to be shaping up to be a rough season for them. I'm worried that they won't make semi's this year. I feel that I've already seen some open class corps with higher performance levels at this point in the season.

• Like 3

Spirit's use of Guard in their show is quite good, imo. They integrate it well with the other sections, theme, etc.

• Like 1

Spirit is just plain fun. I especially like the second half of the show from the drum feature on. Yeah there's lots to clean visually in the last minute but the design is there, and there's time. Too many good candidates for top 12 (so what else is new?).

To each his own. I personally find the type of music they play obnoxious as hell ... but I understand that some feel the same way about BD's and Crown's shows this year, which I love. I'm probably just weird.

I bet if I ran on the field during BD's show- I could get on the fan network-

A security guard may catch me- but some people on this site may give me some props.

Lets go BK! Looking forward to this show- never saw it complete in California

DO IT!!

DO IT!!

DO IT!!

:thumbup:/>