San Antonio Showdown

nice job by Spirit - a good deal more cleaning to do over the next 3 weeks

program wise reminds me of a show you'd see from Dutch Boy back in the day - except the guard doesn't slowly strip throughout

speaking of which - the contras did a nice job with the poles (file that under "something I never thought I'd type") :smile:

Spirit's brass line is harsh sounding at times, and they need to clean up their drill, lots of dirt out there, but its a nice enjoyable show from them this year... I agree, nice ballad.

Edited by BRASSO

Boston- Great Hornline, Guard, and battery was awesome. Show is puzzling. Without the beginning the spelling of RISE would we get that theme? Liked the uni change

Is that what the "ISE" quotes were about earlier? Too narrow on the camera? Cut out the "R"?

Garry in Vegas

Look where the field mics are versus the speakers.

DCI does this constantly - pit speakers always go just outside the 40s and they put their two mic towers right in front of them...

Is it my imagination, or did Spirit miss an opportunity at the beginning of their closer (right after the knocking at the speakeasy door stopped, and they formed up at the back of the field), to blast the crowd's faces off? Just a thought. Cool show though, and they are certainly getting better! Thanks Spirit!!

• Like 1

Do they still release scores over the day at regionals or are they saving them all for retreat?

They're being saved

Is that what the "ISE" quotes were about earlier? Too narrow on the camera? Cut out the "R"?

Garry in Vegas

They were all being sarcastic because the camera angle could not pick up the "R" on the field. We only have 100% view to the 25 on FN and then field becomes obscured.

I hereby vote Troopers as the darkhorse corps to push in to finals. Man can those guys play! Cleanest and most successfully executed show of the non finalists IMO. I see that changing very quickly. Go Troops! :thumbup:

• Like 1

They were all being sarcastic because the camera angle could not pick up the "R" on the field. We only have 100% view to the 25 on FN and then field becomes obscured.

OK, thanks.

Garry in Vegas

Living vicariously through those with FN