San Antonio Showdown

Very enjoyable program from the Blue Knights! Its so nice to see them back as a consistent finalist contender after their string of sub par show concepts. I guess they are ready to show that just because they have a huge staff member leave doesn't mean that they aren't still the same great corps

There are some who would say that the "huge staff member" was part of their problem.

Don't forget about the Colts! They're not out of this fight, either! tongue.gif

Troopers show is hands down my favorite of the year. If they can get it clean I would love nothing more than so see them back in finals. I think their design is superior to Crossmen, Blue Stars, or Colts.

Very enjoyable program from the Blue Knights! Its so nice to see them back as a consistent finalist contender after their string of sub par show concepts. I guess they are ready to show that just because they have a huge staff member leave doesn't mean that they aren't still the same great corps

I agree. BK is clean, clean, clean too compared to the others in their mix.

I really like their show from them this year. Their use of Color in the show is wonderful, imo.

BK's use of Color throughout their show, flags especially really is top notch. I like this bright show from them, instead of some of their dark approaches in brass, theme, percussion, etc in some of their past years. And they seem to be scoring better of late with this style for themselves too.

Edited by BRASSO

Man, BK really cranked up the narration factor since I last saw them. *shudder*

On the other hand, Spirit and Troopers were great!

Blue Knights have a nice show.

I loved last year's show. It was wild and different. This year the show has become "safe." From a corps whose identify was mostly dark for a number of years, to last year's incomparable Avian, the corps had a unique identify. I don't see this identify anymore. If you put them in a completely different uniform I would not identify that show as a Blue Knights show. There is one tradition they continued with - the flags are bright and eye catching.

I would have liked to see Avian 2.0 - the style that is, not an Avian continuation. Yet their identity has changed back to something safer. It as if Garfield 1982 stopped their momentum and went back to something more traditional.

Avian 2.0 has not been lost however which is why I think I like BD's 2013 production. It's totally off the wall. Something I would have liked to see Blue Knights continue with.

• Like 1