ATLANTA, GA

glad to see OC and Academy playing next to each other. I am sure I am biased but I feel OC had better execution then Academy at the SA regional. rolleyes.gif

OC, Academy and Mandarins were close in scores at San Antonio... will be interesting to see how it shakes out here.

I'm guessing there will be no Drumline Battle at this one? It would have been cool to see Surf vs SOA. Oh well.

From Drumline Battle's Official Facebook Page:

9346684515_375784593d_o.jpg

It looks like they're trying to organize one, but I don't know if they've found anyone to compete yet.

Edited by crownisking

Boy did BK get a gift on their performance draw. Not sure if I'd want to go on right after that Madison show though. Cavies got golf claps in San Antonio in comparison to the roars the Scouts drew from the crowd.

Edited by CQuinn
  • Like 1

In case anyone is looking, there are plenty of tickets available at the Dome. They won't tell you which seats they are and you have to go to the Dome to buy them.

1374605316[/url]' post='3292460']

In case anyone is looking, there are plenty of tickets available at the Dome. They won't tell you which seats they are and you have to go to the Dome to buy them.

So ticketmaster doesn't have any more tickets?

...First we have kids spinning around mallets and then running to hit a gong. Now we have drumline battles. The activity didn't need this rubbish years ago; why now? I don't understand why DCI feels the need to include these silly activities. Doesn't anyone just get up, spring a leak, shop for a favorite corps shirt, get a beer and soft pretzel, and then return for retreat?

• Like 2

...First we have kids spinning around mallets and then running to hit a gong. Now we have drumline battles. The activity didn't need this rubbish years ago; why now? I don't understand why DCI feels the need to include these silly activities. Doesn't anyone just get up, spring a leak, shop for a favorite corps shirt, get a beer and soft pretzel, and then return for retreat?

because people now have the attention spans of gnats :tongue:

• Like 2

So ticketmaster doesn't have any more tickets?

yes a few, but they are not good ones

Maybe so. When I say very few, I don't mean the place was totally empty, but I would say maybe 2/3's of the crowd left.

I know they are a pain, however retreats are great for the fans!! This is especially true at these big weekend regionals. I miss the retreats and corps playing themselves off and trooping the stands in front of the champion for the evening. Give something back to the fan since many of the corps and their show designs seem to grow further apart from the fans in the activity that pay the bills. Without the fans the activity is done! Generally us older folks have more $$ to spend, however IT IS important to draw the younger crowd as well to keep the activity around for many years to come.