ATLANTA, GA

But tonight's the best Boston's guard has scored in the last week (I didn't look at recaps past last Sat.):

* tonight = .2 ahead of Cavaliers for 6th place guard overall

* Wed. = .6 BEHIND Cavaliers, placing 4th behind Blue Knights

* Tues. = .8 BEHIND Cavaliers

* last Sat. = .8 BEHIND Cavaliers, placing 11th overall

So a) Boston has been steadily improving this week, and b) they seemed to shoot up in guard tonight with Torchia judging. DEFINITELY didn't get dumped tonight (if anything one could argue their high score is seemingly a fluke - I did see their run so I'm not going to speculate, but I'm just saying...)

Not surprised to see Bostons guard score. Every corps has "that judge" and Torchia is known to score Cavies guard low. Every time I see her on a regional or finals panel, I know the score will be lower. Knowing her history with Boston as well, its not a surprise at all.

• Like 2

Last call for reservation Bitter, party of 1

Actually not....try to pay attention. I was responding to the attached comparison of percussion difference vs finals difference. And (as I have said so often) the correct corps took the title in 2008...and deserved it. These conversations are really not that difficult to follow....if you don't pre-judge before you type.

What really shocks me is that Crown got 4th in music. I know their percussion is to blame but man, that really doesn't look right. Especially if you listen to them live.. it just doesn't add up.

Lol: great pun!!!

You were joking/being silly, right? Otherwise, it is precisely ALL math that does add up/divide nice and neat with Crown's 5th place percussion number/placement holding back their 1st place brass & 2nd place Music Analysis

Great run Cadets but that show demand will keep them cleaning until finals. They never stop moving the entire show. Hope they get the content score for their demand.

The brass also plays quite a bit longer in this show than Crown's or BD's does this year. They truly have amazing endurance. :thumbup:

SCV still getting some of the best crowd reaction. If they stay on pace this will be a 4 way battle.

Troopers seem too far (2 points) to get into the top 12. That's a shame as they have really worked hard this year.

What an incredibly exciting night for DCI!

The Blue Stars finished a "whole" 2 points ahead of the Crossmen last year even later in the season than this, the very last show before Prelims, in fact. That didn't seem to make much of a difference, did it?

Also important to note, Semis was the first time the Crossmen had topped the Blue Stars all season last year. The Troopers have already accomplished the feat.

Edited by DrumcorpsmademeaTuba

"Market clearing" is not something that makes sense for an intangible, infinitely replicable product. Profit maximization is what they should be going for, with an eye on the side-effects on other revenue streams.

Anyway, just because your first instinct is to say that $70 is too much doesn't mean that it's not the best price. I'd prefer they play it safe and not have their finals stream crash and burn. If it were $10 or $20 it would probably be overloaded and no one would be happy. If it works out and they decide they can lower the price in the future, hey, everyone wins.

Your own post admits that it isn't an infinitely replicable product. Bandwidth is a finite commodity.

That's a pretty rude thing to say. And are you an economist now? I thought you were a lawyer.

How is it rude? Everyone is ignorant of some things. And yes ... I have a degree in economics and a J.D., but why should that matter? Did I say anything that was not true?

I decided to stay for scores in 2011 in Atlanta instead of trying to beat the traffic. Never heard as much booing as I did that night when the scores were announced. Maybe the same effect happens for the 2nd or 3rd place corps this year? It most certainly should, anyways...

Friendly post from your resident Expert

I always wondered what would happen if the Bluecoats were the Blue Devils, and some people in the audience were yelling " Boo!! Boo !! " and others were heard yelling out " Blue!! Blue !!" We'd have debates galore on DCP if more people were " Booing " or " Blueing " their score. We'd probably then need DCP poster Michael Boo to settle this once and for all for us. He probably knows more about the Boos than anybody here.

• Like 2

Not surprised to see Bostons guard score. Every corps has "that judge" and Torchia is known to score Cavies guard low. Every time I see her on a regional or finals panel, I know the score will be lower. Knowing her history with Boston as well, its not a surprise at all.

I never understand why people can't just congratulate a guard for doing well in a show rather than just calling it judge bias. I love Torchia's judging because she calls it like she sees it IMO...I don't necessarily always agree with her either, but I guess I'm a dummy when looking at guard achievement.

• Like 1

What's with the sound effects in Phantom's show?

Also, bass 5 went down. Hope they're okay

Agreed....something sounded 'fishy' at the beginning. Missing something that is usually there. Judge knocked down bass 5.

• Like 1