How low could Crown go?

I feel no need for Crown fans to worry

They shouldn't 'worry' in any event. I would really like to see Crown win, but whether they come in first or fourth, it has been a great year and I really appreciate the joy they have provided with such a creative and amazingly performed show, and it would be a shame if they or their fans see anything other than a win as a loss.

They shouldn't 'worry' in any event. I would really like to see Crown win, but whether they come in first or fourth, it has been a great year and I really appreciate the joy they have provided with such a creative and amazingly performed show, and it would be a shame if they or their fans see anything other than a win as a loss.

Crown fans want a win for the first time in their history. Being able to worry that it doesn't happen with this amazing show is something you can allow fans to do without being all high and mighty about yourself. Everyone has to realize that this activity has fans, just like the NFL... And

just like the NFL they like to see their team do well. Don't try to make it a negative thing to want your favorite team (corps) to win.

• Like 1

I specifically talked about GE in my post, but whatever.....

Yes, Crown't percussion kept them out of first last year and last night. Percussion scores are divided in half, so they don't even need to win the caption to win this year. They could end up in 5th, if the spread is close. Maxing out other captions can balance out a lower percussion score.

Crown's percussion could've tied for first and still been more than six tenths away last year.

• Like 1

Crown fans want a win for the first time in their history. Being able to worry that it doesn't happen with this amazing show is something you can allow fans to do without being all high and mighty about yourself. Everyone has to realize that this activity has fans, just like the NFL... And

just like the NFL they like to see their team do well. Don't try to make it a negative thing to want your favorite team (corps) to win.

Wow- someone has their panties in a bunch. Drum corps is stressing someone out, eh?

Give it a rest and root for your team and other people will root for their team. It's that easy. All the other poster was saying is that even if CC doesn't get first place they should still feel great about their show. What's offensive about that.....???

• Like 1

Wow, I don't know how you got that from my post. It was meant in an entirely positive light.

Not accurate. Even if Crown would have scored a perfect 20 in percussion they still wouldn't have won.

I specifically talked about GE in my post, but whatever.....

Yes, Crown't percussion kept them out of first last year and last night. Percussion scores are divided in half, so they don't even need to win the caption to win this year. They could end up in 5th, if the spread is close. Maxing out other captions can balance out a lower percussion score.

Lee Westwood, after once again coming close to winning a professional golf major and falling short (in this case, the British Open), was asked today if he would be able to move on from this latest heartbreak.

His answer... absolutely. "It's just a game," he smiled. "It's not life or death out there."

So... you make a very good point.

Crown's percussion could've tied for first and still been more than six tenths away last year.

Still closer. That being the case, I've seen a lot of people on here saying their percussion kept them out of first last year, guess that's not true. Hope it won't keep them out this year, but I'm sure they'll be fine by the end of the season.

Gave myself a day and watched San Antonio again last night. I don't know anything about percussion or guard, but I saw mistakes in the horns that I'd never seen before. There was almost a point in the second piece that was on the edge of fractioning the left and right side of the fields. I'm surprised they won brass, I guess that's partly due to difficulty. Overall what I saw made me very happy in a weird way. Now I truly believe there is a lot of room for this corps to grow. If this new ending shows up, I think we're going to have a new champion. If they don't make positive changes, I could see as low as fourth and people saying they tried something that was simply too difficult.

• Like 1

Blue Devils winning last night is not that surprising. I think we will continue to all kinds of reshuffling this year. Now I will say that while I won't see SCV's show live until Allentown, I know I will love it judging from Fan Network, but I don't think we will see it place higher than 3rd, most likely 4th. The will most likely top Cadets at least once possibly Crown and BD, but not at finals, perhaps a TOC show. I think we can predict Cadets will be a solid 3rd place finisher though they could make things interesting for both Crown and BD. I still think this will be Crown's year and I see no reason to believe that a show that many have said had flaws last evening, has already peaked. My guess is that Atlanta will be a good show for Crown and will go Crown's way. I wish the four were facing each other at the Saturday night show in Allentown. However if asked how low can Crown go, I would ay this year 2nd would be the lowest. Same would be true of Blue Devils. As I say this, with the way things have gone this season, anything is possible.