Huntsville Show

Oregon Crusaders beat both Colts and Pacific Crest in Vis pro an analysis! YES! :worthy:/>

Edit: Great percussion scores too!

Edited by OC Euph
  • Like 3

Oregon Crusaders beat both Colts and Pacific Crest in Vis pro an analysis! YES! :worthy:/>/>/>

Edit: Great percussion scores too!

Pacific crest yes..colts no

Visual Proficiency

Colts 16.3

PC 15.4

OC 15.6

Visual Analysis

Colts 15.9

PC 15.0

OC 15.5

Edited by Liahona

no more comments

Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 2

Place Corps Score

World Class

1 Madison Scouts 85.950

2 Boston Crusaders 84.200

3 Blue Knights 83.600

4 Spirit of Atlanta 82.150

5 Blue Stars 81.400

6 Crossmen 79.900

7 Troopers 78.850

8 Colts 77.200

9 Pacific Crest 76.200

10 Oregon Crusaders 75.300

11 The Academy 74.850

12 Jersey Surf 72.100

13 Cascades 70.050

14 Pioneer 69.700

Open Class

1 Music City 82.100

Read more: http://www.dci.org/s...c#ixzz2aJMmGoO7

Way to go Madison!

• Like 1

This was a fun show. Perfect weather.

Oregon Crusaders drumline is improving by leaps and bounds. Their features are real attention getters. (They also won the drumline battle during intermission.) Oh, and if you are into vocals, their singer is way better than that girl from Bluecoats, in my non-expert opinion.

I cannot even explain to you how much the Jersey Surf brass have improved in the past month. Their whole show is an entirely different proposition now, offering endless point-counterpoint effects between the gimmicks and the sound of the corps proper.

Troopers performed as if they decided every note they play in 2013 is going to be absolutely delicious, like the best chocolate cake you ever tasted. While other corps water down their music, Troop is adding more difficult rapid-note features. What do you call this - watering up? Drums were fantastic, sounding about as clean as Rennick's other line was last night.

Digging the show of Pacific Crest, but they really need an ensemble rehearsal block - had some phasing in the middle of their opening act.

Academy baritones were in tune, even in the unseasonably cool weather that usually drives them flat. The show makes more sense as I spot more and more visuals coordinated with the music, but frequent changes are taking a toll in execution.

Blue Stars are getting cleaner, and the intent of their show is starting to register with me, but that also reveals deeper layers of dirt. Big thing now is crescendos to a silent downbeat, which expose brass individuals every time. There is no time for the total rewrite I think the drumline needs.

I finally understand the Crossmen drill. They are angling to become the first SoundSport champion. Brass problems I noticed in San Antonio still stick out like a sore thumb.

After impressing me with their performance in the dome last weekend, Blue Knights did not even retain that level here. Most of this was errors in the battery, but brass had a breath gap or two.

Spirit perplexes me. They completely blow a simple downbeat horn note, but then they have this wicked hard, wicked long brass articulation feature that was wicked clean in the Gershwin. Seems like not every phrase is getting their best effort. They should watch the Troopers perform, and learn from them. Big high note night, though - could probably hear them in neighboring states.

Boston really perplexes me. I hear "feet" in the mellophone sound, in spots where they are barely moving. Baritones did not even try to play loud until the last minute tonight. Meanwhile, drums had the best run I have heard from them in a long time.

Madison was very clean, especially musically. I was expecting a 3 point victory margin.

• Like 5

This was a fun show. Perfect weather.

Oregon Crusaders drumline is improving by leaps and bounds. Their features are real attention getters. (They also won the drumline battle during intermission.) Oh, and if you are into vocals, their singer is way better than that girl from Bluecoats, in my non-expert opinion.

I cannot even explain to you how much the Jersey Surf brass have improved in the past month. Their whole show is an entirely different proposition now, offering endless point-counterpoint effects between the gimmicks and the sound of the corps proper.

Troopers performed as if they decided every note they play in 2013 is going to be absolutely delicious, like the best chocolate cake you ever tasted. While other corps water down their music, Troop is adding more difficult rapid-note features. What do you call this - watering up? Drums were fantastic, sounding about as clean as Rennick's other line was last night.

Digging the show of Pacific Crest, but they really need an ensemble rehearsal block - had some phasing in the middle of their opening act.

Academy baritones were in tune, even in the unseasonably cool weather that usually drives them flat. The show makes more sense as I spot more and more visuals coordinated with the music, but frequent changes are taking a toll in execution.

Blue Stars are getting cleaner, and the intent of their show is starting to register with me, but that also reveals deeper layers of dirt. Big thing now is crescendos to a silent downbeat, which expose brass individuals every time. There is no time for the total rewrite I think the drumline needs.

I finally understand the Crossmen drill. They are angling to become the first SoundSport champion. Brass problems I noticed in San Antonio still stick out like a sore thumb.

After impressing me with their performance in the dome last weekend, Blue Knights did not even retain that level here. Most of this was errors in the battery, but brass had a breath gap or two.

Spirit perplexes me. They completely blow a simple downbeat horn note, but then they have this wicked hard, wicked long brass articulation feature that was wicked clean in the Gershwin. Seems like not every phrase is getting their best effort. They should watch the Troopers perform, and learn from them. Big high note night, though - could probably hear them in neighboring states.

Boston really perplexes me. I hear "feet" in the mellophone sound, in spots where they are barely moving. Baritones did not even try to play loud until the last minute tonight. Meanwhile, drums had the best run I have heard from them in a long time.

Madison was very clean, especially musically. I was expecting a 3 point victory margin.

Very good, succinct review...........looking forward to more in the future.

• Like 1

Anyone know why Mandarins didn't perform at this show? Seems odd to travel east and miss a big one like this.

• Like 1

This show is one big joke. They must have put the real judges in the G7 show. I stand by my 'Bull".

Fully half the panel in this show ( N. Jones, G. Fugett, L. Carlson, B. Jones) judged either the Semi's or the Finals at 2012 Championships in Indy. And 5 of these 8 judged the G7 TOC show in Murfreesboro Friday nite.

That said, I don't think we should let the facts get in the way of a good old fashioned rant, and as far as rants go, yours is a pretty good one .

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

After impressing me with their performance in the dome last weekend, Blue Knights did not even retain that level here. brass had a breath gap or two.

Why do brass players always seem to believe that they are entitled to take a breath in the first place ? The best brass players play without breathing at all.