Why cant SCV be in the mix with the top 3

Based on past years where corps have built momentum during finals week, I see no reason that SCV "isn't in the mix". In the end, they could make one of those colossal runs...or, they could end up remaining in 4th and either way will be one of my most listened to APDs.

• Like 1

...because, then there'll be FOUR! And we all know FOUR is a crowd!tongue.gif

I feel ya! Santa Clara is Awesome! I wish they were in the mix. Hopefully the week of finals the judges start to feel their show more.They are worthy!

Because they aren't as good as the top 3. Both in terms of show design, and in terms of execution. The brass, percussion, and guard are all phenomenal this year, and definitely on par/better when compared to recent shows, but labeling something as "top 3 worthy" is only in reference to the state of the other competitors. They have no business beating Cadets, Crown, or BD. Each of the other three groups also have sections that are firing on all cylinders. SCV will break into the top three when they become comparable to the top 3, which for now, leaves them securely in 4th. Fantastic show though

Because they aren't as good as the top 3. Both in terms of show design, and in terms of execution. The brass, percussion, and guard are all phenomenal this year, and definitely on par/better when compared to recent shows, but labeling something as "top 3 worthy" is only in reference to the state of the other competitors. They have no business beating Cadets, Crown, or BD. Each of the other three groups also have sections that are firing on all cylinders. SCV will break into the top three when they become comparable to the top 3, which for now, leaves them securely in 4th. Fantastic show though

The judges really beg to differ with you. And so do I.

SCV has no business beating Cadets in GEV according to you.... but they did.

SCV has no business beating cadets or crown in visual proficiency according to you... but they did.

Also beat cadets in guard.

SCV tied for third in music overall and just .2 behind the cadets.

But please keep telling yourself that there is some wall that SCV cannot pass between them and the current top 3.

Will vanguard end up in the top 3? I do not know. But i don't see any reason why they could not. GEM VA and MA are the captions holding them back, their execution focused captions aren't.

• Like 4