4. Troopers

5. Cadets

1. Madison Scouts

2. SCV

3. Crossmen

• Like 2

1. Cadets

2. SCV

3. Blue Devils B (please listen to this show if you don't think Open Class can hang with World Class)

4. Oregon Crusaders (one to watch in the coming years. Wow.)

4. Blue Devils

5. Crown

Jersey Surf gets an HM, but, man . . .they've got to get the performance numbers up. It's a lot easier to sell the "vibe" if you're clean! :smile:

It's a tie:

Troopers and Madison.

(Troopers shows are not always my favorite shows, even though I'm obviously a honk. Madison shows are often my favorite shows, but this one really hits home.)

- Crown minus the last 1/4th or so. Can't imagine that won't change.

- Cadets are great from start to finish. Especially love Medea.

- SCV's book (brass and drums) is stellar.

- Really like the opening parade stuff from Bluecoats. Fun moment.

- The first half of BD (the back half suffers from a sudden loss of directional focus and clarity in my opinion, though I suspect that may change by the end)

1. BAC: This show is better than most people seem to think, and I have a lot of respect for what the corps is trying to accomplish.

2. Madison: Loving a Madison Scouts show never needs an justification.

3. Troopers: If Madison and BAC are on my list, Troopers have to be on the list too, and this year for good reason.

Others: I know I will fall in love with SCV's show when I see it live, and the same holds true for Crown. PR and Bluecoats have great moments and "Enigma Variations" is already my favorite arrangement. Also, for pure enjoyment I love Surf.

1. Vanguard!!! 2. Spirit 3. Cavaliers 4. Troopers 5. Everyone else 6. Crown, BK, BAC, and anyone else who has emotions they can't express through their music. 7. My iPad, which thinks it knows how to format this post better than me. Not a dci show, but annoying nonetheless!

Edited by mikespeed

At the moment (which could change by Indy - never underestimate what PR can do to a show in the last 3 weeks)...

1. SCV - Love, Love, Love it. It's somehow old fashioned, straight ahead drum coprs but also modern and very fresh. So many fantastic moments.

2. Troopers - Love the ensemble sound, and the highs in this show are spectacular. Another brilliant blend of classic drum corps with modern design moments.

3. Mandarins - Different performance executoin level, but love the design. Best use of narration ever (well, that's not a hard category to best, certainly). Great marriage of the corps' roots with modern drum corps, with a melodic show.

4. Phantom Regiment - would not have made this list prior to San Antonio. Show is emerging from a dull cocoon. Anxious to see where it goes. Spectacular Visual design, both in drill and with the amazing color guard. Add volume, passion, fleshout the story and transitions, and increase the tempos strategically - all things PR has a great track record of doing in the past 10 years - and this show can move way up my list.

5. Madison Scouts - Solid show that can tug at the heart strings

Honorable Mentions: Blue Knights (Kill the Ball, please), Cadets (it's growing on me by leaps & bounds), BD's Music (except the last 90 seconds), Spirit, Crown (ax the ballad narration & overhaul the closer & it shoots way up this list)

Harvey