What is your favorite show?

Not loving Cadet's show yet even though Adagio for Strings is one of my all time favorite pieces. Their brass is a serious contender but I need to let this show grow on me. All in time. Have only seen it once.

BD can play jazz for me until the cows come home and I will listen. Someone said earlier that their brass sounds like butter and I must whole heartedly agree.

1. The Cadets show is one I've been replaying over and over again on FN. I didn't like it so much in June but this end of July version is blowing me away!!!!! I can't wait to see what else they will add!

2. Crown really needs to put in their new ending ASAP other than that I'm really enjoying their drill design! I think its probably the most engaging of the season!

3. SCV The melodies are great and its pretty fun to have more traditional show in the top 5. It's just fun to listen to!

4. Bluecoats I love their music and I'm enjoying their theme more than I thought.

5. Madison I'm really digging how visceral and raw some moments of their show are. Definitely can feel the strong emotions and I think they role play the elements of war REALLY well. People get shot at and die and its rough and they make it "real" (or as real as is necessary for a drum corps show)

6. First 1/2 of BD (second 1/2 is probably my least favorite) I get the re:right of spring in the beginning and then it just turns into a cacophony. Like if I threw 50 stereos in a pond and had them blast 50 different kinds of music underwater that's what 50% of BD's show sounds like. Other than that I think the poles are really awesome but the only reason this isn't lower is because I REALLY REALLY like The Right of Spring turned into rock/swing.

• Like 1

Cadets- it's magnificence from beginning to end. High level of execution, engaging music and visual clarity.

Crown- as always, the music is just perfect. It's a combination of a wonderful arranger and a heaven sent brass line. The visual is very good but

not at the level of the music. The dark unis sometimes get lost on the field but they cover dirt so not an un smart move. But I love the show.

Madison- I love the rawness of the show. Brass is strong and love the guard. One of the more underscored guards. The way the guard costumes

blend into the field, it sometimes gives the illusion of ghosts as they move. Great step up for Madison. I see a 6th place for them.

Troopers- just a great "welcome back" show for them and us. Just love the energy and I think the unis are a great updated look respecting

their glorious past. Their was a time when Troopers owned the field. This is a start in the right direction..

1. Carolina Crown - a fabulous show whether it places 1st or 3rd. Brass line is amazing, love the artistry and the contemporary elements, and the guard is WOW.

2. Cadets - visual clarity and artistry, amazing brass and percussion, great guard, and the music is WOW. Very powerful corps! Not quite buying the props, but there are times I think their effect is spot on.

3. SCV - A classic drum corps show with melody, harmony, power, great drill, and wonderful percussion and guard. Still like these guys as a Darkhorse in August. With a few tweaks this would be my favorite show.

4. Troopers - LOVE IT, ALL OF IT! I also love how they modified the uniform for this year. I think they finally have the right design. I hope.

5. Spirit of Atlanta and Bluecoats - both great shows. Spirit's is perhaps better top to bottom in terms of entertainment. BLOOO is a better performing corps and they have their moments when the show just sparkles and grabs you. The opening sequence is still the strongest part of the show from a content perspective.

Troopers - it's the only show that brings the crowd to it's feet - more than once. The sunburst is the best that it's ever been! No one sells a show better this season than Troop!

• Like 1

Spirit of Atlanta: Seen it twice live and just love the variety, design depth, and entertainment value packed into such a short time

SCV: ditto

Crown: Just wonderfully grand

Cadets: what can one say but Cadets at their best

Feel pretty strongly about this order:

Cadets. They are just really strong in all captions including effect.

SCV. Passionate and very SCV in so many ways. Love the fact it is a drum corps show.

Spirit. Also love their dedication to a complex, but also super entertaining show.

Crown. The brass are so #### good and the show has a brilliant feel to it.

Bluecoats. Love that it challenges me but I also find it super clever.

Troopers. Classic and classy.

Mandarins. Great show, really great.

Crossmen. Simple but effective.

1. Blue Devils- I've watched this show so many times. It still hasn't got old!

2. Cadets- While the theme is quite simple overall, the performances of their members is excellent!

3. SCV- veljean, we see each other 'gain!

4- Scouts- enjoyable and solid anniversary show! The middle is missing something, but emotion will max this show out come finals!

5- Crown- Other than the beginnings of BD (maybe Cadets too), this show has my favorite beginning. I just feel the rest lacks. If the rest of this corps performed to the hornline's level, we'd start seeing scoring records

Disappointed in Phantom. After two of my favorite shows in 10 and 11, I feel like they just keep getting farther from what I enjoy. Hopefully better at finals, but so far I'm not a Phan.