Santa Clara's Flag Code Disrespect

I seem to remember back in the day flags that closely resembled the Italian flag and French flag that were the general flags of the color guard and it never raised an eyebrow. This also would have been the time that the American flag was flanked by two rifles, two sabres, or "pistols." Now what would have caused quite a stir would have been what Bluecoats use this year. But I agree with most people of this post, it's a non-issue.

• Like 3

If the OP is correct, something should be done. Possibly DCI or the peeps at Vanguard can correct this before finals or explain what is going on. We all know that US citizens would be UP IN ARMS if a video popped up on YouTube with a youth group spinning and tossing American flags around. Period.

I'm wondering how we got this far in the season without someone bringing this up?

[/quote

The use of the actual French national flag is only a recent addition into the otherwise excellent presentation by this corps.

However, a note to Ellmer Fudd: your signature denotes you as too much a SCV homer to be obective. SCV is usually a standard of class in the activity. In this matter, not so much. Your comments only further denigrate. Gail would be embarrassed, and yes I knew him personally and worked with him many times.

• Like 2

Is this the silk we are discussing? If not, can a picture of the silk that we are discussing be posted? (One would think that evidence of any infraction would need to be brought with the accusation. Though this step alone would probably reduce the number of threads on DCP)

1004648_10151771809995336_1387346730_n.jpg

• Like 1

Christ, this is an exercise in the inane and arcane.

Yes, OP, France and the US will be going to war over a painted, stylized interpretation of a French flag. Exactly.

To those denigrating this as a classless gesture, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 5

Is this the silk we are discussing? If not, can a picture of the silk that we are discussing be posted? (One would think that evidence of any infraction would need to be brought with the accusation. Though this step alone would probably reduce the number of threads on DCP)

no, not that one which is clearly an artistic rendering.

This is the one that is of question:

france_m.gif

It's right at the end of the show, it's a soloist in the middle of the field.

It's right at the end of the show, it's a soloist in the middle of the field.

No, not what I was referring to but the series of flag tosses behind the prop screens.

White flags are tossed.

Blue flags are tossed.

Red flags are tossed.

And more recently, a strong effect has been made by adding another toss but of the actual French national colors. france_m.gif

• Like 2