Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

I wasn't crazy about BK's program at the beginning of the season but I like it now.

I love their arrangement of First Circle. Another thing I like about their show is it never stops - it just keeps flowing. Love it!

Words out of my mouth...on both counts. :smile:

• Like 2

Troopers = TOTAL WOW and Classic Drum Corps

Crossmen = fabulous brass and some tasty percussion. I really like the arrangements. Not so wild about drill and show theme

Blue Stars = Fabulous percussion, solid brass, amazing drill that is a tad over-written and not quite clean, and a show theme I didn't care for

Spirit of Atlanta = Best show of theirs in years, and one of the TOP 5 overall shows of the 2013 season IMO. Awesome!

Boston Crusaders = my vote for 7th place. They have cleaned up, brass sounds rich and full and musical, percussion is outstanding, guard is great, the music is wonderful, and the drill is really work for them now. We'll see what the judges think here, but I'd have them over Madison and Cavaliers.

Blue Knights = show theme that I can't get into, but definitely a BIG BOY brass line and drum line. Love the music in the last half of the show. Visual GE is solid, but theme doesn't do it for me

What are you some kind of a square? :w00t:/>

I must be. Love that music, though. The last half of their show is fabulous music, and First Circle reminded me so much of Blue Devils 1985.

Well, there are women's rights protesters, and a peace symbol, both causes generally taken to be of the left. Where are the Tea Partiers?

Sure.. or even the Pro Life Protest signs,, Tea Party protest signs, Tax Revolt Protest signs, American Revolution (Right organized ) signs and so forth ? The Crossmen approached this Theme of " Protest " from an almost exclusive Left bent. That limited the theme. They could have ( should have ) broadened it to be inclusive of all segments of American citizens Constitutional Freedom of the exercise of " Protest ". But its no big deal, imo.... its just a minor observation of their theme's somewhat limited focus with their theme this year, thats all.

• Like 6

I am really happy with the broadcast so far.

It sounds great on this end and the camera work is nice as well.

Thank Tom Blair! :thumbup:

WOW BK!!! FREAKIN AWESOME!!! WOOHOO

I said earlier in the season, Wes that I reallty liked BK's show this year... it flows from start to finish very well, and the music is more appealing ( for me anyway ) than last year. They are scoring better this year too with this show... the use of Guard flag colors gives the Corps a nice touch visually too. The brass line can sound a bit harsh at times, but overall this show is a better vehicle for them this year than last year, imo.

Just got in fromwork...hope troopers and Pacific Crest were great....caught the tail end of Spirit

Sure.. or even the Pro Life Protest signs,, Tea Party protest signs, Tax Revolt Protest signs, American Revolution (Right organized ) signs and so forth ? The Crossmen approached this Theme of " Protest " from an almost exclusive Left bent. That limited the theme. They could have ( should have ) broadened it to be inclusive of all segments of American citizens Constitutional Freedom of the exercise of " Protest ". But its no big deal, imo.... its just a minor observation of their theme's somewhat limited focus with their theme this year, thats all.

I would've envisioned a show design where the percussion represents the right, brass the left ... and never in the show would they play together.

:devil:

• Like 2