Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

I just had it streaming over a mifi cell connection and everything seems to be going great. I doubt we will see any problems until people start to get done with work for the day and sign on in bigger numbers. If a cell connection is fast enough i can't imagine anyone's high speed internet being a problem :)

Exactly. Right now it is super smooth, no jerk, nice video quality on 55"... by 5pm I'll be cursing at the tv and 'puter. :)

Technical Question: I was wondering if a person hits the pause button if the video "buffers" (I think that's what they call it) so I can avoid hiccups? This would be most helpful, but I don't know what I can do to prevent the pauses because my world wide web internet isn't keeping up.

Technical Question: I was wondering if a person hits the pause button if the video "buffers" (I think that's what they call it) so I can avoid hiccups? This would be most helpful, but I don't know what I can do to prevent the pauses because my world wide web internet isn't keeping up.

Unfortunately live feeds don't "buffer". There is a DVR-type aspect to FN's live feeds, but it's not a full "buffer download" as what you'd be accustomed to with watching, say an uploaded video on Youtube or a TV show from iTunes. While you'd be able to pause, come back and press play... it's still streaming live (unless you come back after 9pm), so you're still going to have a bit of a hiccup. Does that make sense?

Did they start early? DCI site said 2:00 start, but Music City is already on. Oh well, they couldn't get the times on the Allentown tickets right either...

That said, anyone besides me watching the stream?

I'm watching.

Nice shows from Music City, Spartans, Genesis so far.

I like it when Corps staff are saavy enough to give these level Corps shows that are commensurate with the experioence and talent level of most of their MM's. As such, these 3 first performing Corps shows were entertaining and kept my interest throughout.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Unfortunately live feeds don't "buffer". There is a DVR-type aspect to FN's live feeds, but it's not a full "buffer download" as what you'd be accustomed to with watching, say an uploaded video on Youtube or a TV show from iTunes. While you'd be able to pause, come back and press play... it's still streaming live (unless you come back after 9pm), so you're still going to have a bit of a hiccup. Does that make sense?

Thank you. Yes, I understand. I wonder if that's a feature they could add in the future? Even if it would buffer out 30 seconds or so, then that would help streaming greatly. Is there a technical reason FN can't do something like this?