Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

Surf has dialed up the energy level today, if not the execution. EWI guy is doing a great job, as usual, but I can't help wishing that had been a screaming guitar. I suspect they couldn't find one, or when they did, got this response: "What do you mean, *I* have to pay *you*?"

Sweet bari solo and duet.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

Buffering is handled on live streams very differently with DVR broadcasts. If you buffer yourself a few seconds back, it will buffer a little more. The problem is that if you buffer beyond the same "block" it is handling, there isn't much benefit. Every once in a blue moon, you see a broadcast missing 2 minutes or so, because that block failed somewhere in the Akamai network. It's like watching hundreds of short, sequential, connected videos. It's seamless, but to that end, adding a 'personal' buffer won't positively affect performance much.

However, if you have streaming problems and you go back and watch again without problems, it might be a first step to give yourself extra buffer of 15-30 seconds. Inconsistent download rates are sometimes helped (detects faster than actual).

HTH